Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TESCO coming to Joondalup

View Poll Results: Do you want Tescos in Australia?
Yes yes yes.
67.11%
No way
13.60%
Couldn`t care
17.11%
As long as it sells cheap jeans
2.19%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

TESCO coming to Joondalup

Old May 15th 2006, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TESCO coming to Joondalup

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
The names are Tesco and Sainsbury's. The possessive forms are Tesco's and, to be confusing, Sainsbury's. Tesco confuse matters by usually using Tesco as the possessive.

So now you know!

PS When I was young, we used to refer to "Harrods"...
A very abortive post - had to run because my daughter was crying. Thanks Mike! My mother's partner was a impressive bloke who got a miserly third in English Literature from Christchurch, oops Exeter, it was my Grandfather who went to Christchurch - and he was always referring very deliberately to 'Tesco' and 'Sainsbury'. But this might have been from when the store was 'J Sainsbury' (remember!), or he was just plain wrong - he often deliberately made mistakes to ridicule the English language.

Typing in the names for what seems like the first time in ages reminded me of him - and this - he died when I first got over here.
Old May 15th 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iPom
I saw an Early Learning Centre bag when I was at IKEA the other day. It must be in the same complex. Homebush...
Yep, inside "Kids United" they have loads of ELC toys. Other stores stock them too. They also have a website - earlylearningcentre.com.au - thank the Lord - I love ELC toys, they're just that little bit better (and educational) than a lot of other places.

I was so chuffed when I found it when I was up at Ikea

I still miss Boots though LOL
Old May 15th 2006, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

blieble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
A very abortive post - had to run because my daughter was crying. Thanks Mike! My mother's partner was a impressive bloke who got a miserly third in English Literature from Christchurch, oops Exeter, it was my Grandfather who went to Christchurch - and he was always referring very deliberately to 'Tesco' and 'Sainsbury'. But this might have been from when the store was 'J Sainsbury' (remember!), or he was just plain wrong - he often deliberately made mistakes to ridicule the English language.

Typing in the names for what seems like the first time in ages reminded me of him - and this - he died when I first got over here.
I can't believe this thread is still going either, especially since it was obviously a hoax when it started!! Anyway, it always used to be "Tesco" and "J Sainsbury's", although the later has lost the "J" now. It's surprising that everyone seems to refer to "Tesco's" and never "Asda's".......

Dazz
Old May 15th 2006, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blieble
I can't believe this thread is still going either, especially since it was obviously a hoax when it started!! Anyway, it always used to be "Tesco" and "J Sainsbury's", although the later has lost the "J" now. It's surprising that everyone seems to refer to "Tesco's" and never "Asda's".......

Dazz
Indeed.

Was it, I thought I remembered seeing J Sainsbury on the front of shops but we're talking 25 years ago....

Can't believe I've just been civil to my old mate Mike. I tried to send him karma but couldn't.
Old May 16th 2006, 12:12 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this thread had died ages ago