Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:32 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Nice one....I feel trapped!!!

Re-educate, talk, negotiate, find common ground otherwise what else is there? keep killing each other? Where will it end:scared:

Whole world to work on world-wide strategic approach rather than fight between each other. Agree how to address these terrorists for the good of all innocents. Maybe impossible??

Get into the fanatisists mind...pre-empt....change from within?

Who knows wot the anser is but in my view its not in killing. Solves nothing, creates even wider divide me thinks?
Dont get me wrong Im not in for kill, kill, kill. But these terroists do tend to stop doing there stuff when the heats on them.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:32 pm
ABCDiamond

Terrorism is obviously wrong. The problem is that there is no answer to it.

Everyones attitude must change before it will go away, and that isn't going to happen.

Most Terrorism has been in the name of Religion, and until we all believe in just ONE God, or no God at all, then it will continue.

If the religiously tolerent society just bow down to the religious fanatics what will happen ?

Some Muslims quote that the Koran says it is correct to kill those that don't believe in Allah ! Therefore to do that is not terrorism, but doing their Gods cause !

I repeat: Everyones attitude must change before it will go away, and that isn't going to happen.

I look forward to the day that I am proven wrong.

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:40 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrorism & personal beliefs???

Originally posted by Megalania
Not terrorism and racism?
no
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:42 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

Everyones attitude must change before it will go away, and that isn't going to happen.

Most Terrorism has been in the name of Religion, and until we all believe in just ONE God, or no God at all, then it will continue.

If the religiously tolerent society just bow down to the religious fanatics what will happen ?

Some Muslims quote that the Koran says it is correct to kill those that don't believe in Allah ! Therefore to do that is not terrorism, but doing their Gods cause !

I repeat: Everyones attitude must change before it will go away, and that isn't going to happen.

Your right of course. That day will never happen.

So what do we do in the mean time illeminate, tolerate or carry on doing neither?

Daft question of course
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:45 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Differences & similarities between terrorism & racism are?
The Coniston Massacre, August 1928, occured in the context of a frontier. A private war, terrorism to pacify and clear out Aboriginals or racism or all?

I say all. Institutionalized - not so clear cut.

Last edited by Megalania; Mar 12th 2004 at 12:56 am.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:58 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Connison Massacre, August 1928, occured in the context of a frontier. A private war, terrorism to pacify and clear out Aboriginals or racism or all?

I say all. Institutionalized - not so clear cut.
i was merely commenting upon facts provided in your article relating to several killings which (with relation to the article)could be construed as retaliation for the death of an australian man thus for givin a police constable the right not to apprehend people but to massacre them
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:02 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by wengerboy
i was merely commenting upon facts provided in your article relating to several killings which (with relation to the article)could be construed as retaliation for the death of an australian man thus for givin a police constable the right not to apprehend people but to massacre them
As far as I know, which is not a lot, the police constable exceeded his remit and took the law into his own hands along with others.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:03 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ABCDiamond

/QUOTE]

Perhaps re-educate? I look back at UK culture only 10/15yrs ago re racism [based on colour/religion etc]. Cringe at some "acceptable" practices in 70's compared to today. Thankfully we have moved on. Why? Cos of re-education. Sharing joint discussion, learning to tolerate and accept the differences.

Perhaps more accepting of differences now? Also accept however there are exceptions to the rule as not everyone wants to change [real world].

Basis of argument is the more we educate the WORLD, the more we work together. There will always be exceptions, will always be fanatisists, always be non conformists but surely by re-educating, enlightening we reduce this......... albeit marginally?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:07 pm
Up The Arse!!

As far as I know, which is not a lot, the police constable exceeded his remit and took the law into his own hands along with others.
exceeded his remit what happened to him i wonder? banged up charged with murder ?any chance of some enlightenment megs though i think i already know (instituitinalised)
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:08 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Your right of course. That day will never happen.

So what do we do in the mean time illeminate, tolerate or carry on doing neither?

Daft question of course
To eliminate the problem would be called Genocide.

To tolerate it, without doing something, would be Stupid.

There are many answers, it's just that most if not all, are to extreme to use....

Build a big wall around countries that wish to not integrate, and not let anyone in or out ?

Should Western countries insist that only people who follow Western rules be admitted

Should Eastern countries insist that only people who follow Eastern rules be admitted

etc etc. But then more arguments will be created.

I haven't a clue.

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:09 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you define terrorism? In NI religion happened to define to the sides of the conflict but the conflict was not in the name of religion. Terrorist is normally the label placed on the opposing side in a conflict. As in most conflicts neither side is innocent.

Religion is the rallying cause but power is the real reaon behind the campaigns.

As you say changing attitudes is the hard and the necesary part of a peace process. In NI the realisation on both sides that neither was going to win brought about a decline in activity.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:11 pm
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz

/QUOTE]

Perhaps re-educate? I look back at UK culture only 10/15yrs ago re racism [based on colour/religion etc]. Cringe at some "acceptable" practices in 70's compared to today. Thankfully we have moved on. Why? Cos of re-education. Sharing joint discussion, learning to tolerate and accept the differences.

Perhaps more accepting of differences now? Also accept however there are exceptions to the rule as not everyone wants to change [real world].

Basis of argument is the more we educate the WORLD, the more we work together. There will always be exceptions, will always be fanatisists, always be non conformists but surely by re-educating, enlightening we reduce this......... albeit marginally?
OK, So what when we come across these fanatics?

Talk to them, explain the errors of there ways?

No, shoot the ****ers. These arent people who respond to the gentle, kissy, strokey thing. Waste em, end of terrorists
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:12 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by bondipom
How do you define terrorism? In NI religion happened to define to the sides of the conflict but the conflict was not in the name of religion. Terrorist is normally the label placed on the opposing side in a conflict. As in most conflicts neither side is innocent.

Religion is the rallying cause but power is the real reaon behind the campaigns.

As you say changing attitudes is the hard and the necesary part of a peace process. In NI the realisation on both sides that neither was going to win brought about a decline in activity.
acceptance that it will NEVER go away you just got to get on with it day to day (so says my uncle)belfast 15 years
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:17 pm
ABCDiamond

If only it were possible.

The major current world problem would be Muslim Fanatics. So many of them are taught to welcome their own death in the process of killing non Muslims.

To re-educate them ? Only the Muslim leaders can do that, and when that begins to happen, we may see some light at the end of the tunnel.

You say "the more we educate the WORLD", unfortunately, some people don't want to be educated by someone else, and will fight against it, to the death.

I agree very much with your sentiments, and if everyone was so tolerant, maybe the problem would not exist.

We need a virus invented that breeds tolerance into the brain, and then spread it worldwide

Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Terrorism....right or wrong?

a huge question which cannot be answered on a forum like this. Think about South Africia, the ANC used terror tactics but many would agree that the state was the real criminal. It is a question of access to justice in my mind.

We all have the right to stand up for our rights and beliefs but we are lucky to live in countries where on a whole justice is available without the need to take up arms.

The big differnce is that while the aim of the ANC was equality and justice for all today's religous terrorists are more like the old South African government or Nazi party in that they think they are above others.

Could say a lot more but just remembered an old rule I grew up with - never talk religon or politics with strangers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.