Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Terrigal & Central Coast, Anyone in theie 20's and 30's

Terrigal & Central Coast, Anyone in theie 20's and 30's

Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:11 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terrigal & Central Coast, Anyone in theie 20's and 30's

Hi, long story short....

I am an Australian, born and bred and Terrigal is my home town (well, been here for long enough). I moved to the UK 4 years ago and lived in Cantebury, Kent with my (english) girlfriend. We have recently moved back to Terrigal. We live on scenic highway so only a few hundred metres back from the beach.

Funny being back after all this time and I suppose it must be more difficult for my girlfriend (who has lived in Kent her whole life)

I'm 31, work about an hour from home. My girlfriend is 26 and was born/raised in Kent - she is a school teacher and works at Lake Munmorah. We have been back in Terrigal since August.

We are pretty active, my girlfriend runs a couple of times a week (and makes me go when she can force me!! ), I surf when I can (although after 4 years out of the water its a lot harder than I remember), we love mountain bike riding and that sort of thing.

We are looking to try and meet some more people our age with similar interests. If anyone in their 20's or 30's has recently moved to the coast and wants to catch up for a drink or something let me know. Although I already have a large group of friends (because I am from Terrigal) we are looking to try to met some new people - especially those that have some joint interests in terms of knowing english things and generally making my girlfriend feel more settled.

Also, at the moment many of my friends are 'MY' friends - and my girlfriend wants to try and meet some new people of her own!

Don't hesitate to send me a PM and we can perhaps all meet up sometime. I've not been to any of the forum meet ups but have been considering it...... maybe I'll get there one day but just thought this would be a general shout out to people specifically in the 20-30's age group!

Also, if there is anything that you need to know about terrigal or the coast let me know - I've been here for long enough to know my way around pretty well!!! if you want to know anything don't hesitate to ask.

And can someone PLEASE sort out this crappy weather !!!!!!!!

Over and out,

Andy
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:21 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrigal & Central Coast, Anyone in theie 20's and 30's

Anyone??
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

hello mate

Dont know if its any good to you. We live in essex,UK and are seriously thinking of moving to oz.We are coming to terrigal for a couple of weeks and have hired a house. My wife is a student nurse and she has managed to secure a 3 week placement at Wyong hospital and I have a brother in TUMBI UMBI. We get to Terrigal on the 23rd feb.It would be good to meet up and have a barbie and a beer and talk to some one who knows the place. We are a bit older than you...we are a very young 40.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Well.... I count as 20s/30s and drive past on the highway sometimes.... Did get to Terrigal the other weekend (before The Rains began) but the traffic was bloody shocking and we didn't even get a dive in as apparently the currents were quite strong that day! Rubbish!
Have also been fairly rubbish in not making the effort to attend meets, but perhaps 2008 will be different!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:50 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by esperanza
Well.... I count as 20s/30s and drive past on the highway sometimes.... Did get to Terrigal the other weekend (before The Rains began) but the traffic was bloody shocking and we didn't even get a dive in as apparently the currents were quite strong that day! Rubbish!
Have also been fairly rubbish in not making the effort to attend meets, but perhaps 2008 will be different!
Esperanza,

I think we have chatted previously on this forum........ We actually have a lot in common - I know that you live in the vineyards (Hunter, ******edit to protect location!

I used to live on a vineyard in Pokolbin (in a previous life - long story)......so know my way around pretty well in these parts!

If you are even on the coast then please feel free to contact me and pop in say hello etc...... and if you are a diver then I can hook you up with some of my mates ....most of my friends dive and ar always keen for a dip in the big sea.

Hope to catch up with you soon!

Over and out!
A

Last edited by AndyR1976; Feb 10th 2008 at 10:35 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:59 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
hello mate

Dont know if its any good to you. We live in essex,UK and are seriously thinking of moving to oz.We are coming to terrigal for a couple of weeks and have hired a house. My wife is a student nurse and she has managed to secure a 3 week placement at Wyong hospital and I have a brother in TUMBI UMBI. We get to Terrigal on the 23rd feb.It would be good to meet up and have a barbie and a beer and talk to some one who knows the place. We are a bit older than you...we are a very young 40.
Mr Luvpants....

Firstly......is that the best name you can come up with!!!!!!??? (do I really want to be chatting to a guy on a forum who goes by the name 'MR LUVPANTS').....hmmmm???

More seriously, would love to catch up with you guys when you come over ..... and the age thing is really no biggy here - you'll find on the coast that there is less of a difference in ages fo a lot of people - I go surfing with a guy who has been married twice, in his 50's and he is more like a teenager than any of my friends (drinking, women, partying, diving, surfing etc etc). Most of my friends are late 30's (many are turning 40 this year!!!)

I will send you a PM with my contact details and we can certainly try to help you out with any information and show you around. Also, if you are thikning of moving to Australia (and your wife is a nurse) then I have some friends who you should meet - I have about half a dozen friends who are nurses throughout the central coast - a couple of then have recently moved to Sydney but there are a few who might be able to give you some more info on hospitals and nursing and how/where/when to apply for jobs, what hospitals are the best to work in etc. My friends are pretty much based out of Gosford Hospital and there are a few of them that do 'home nursing' or whatever its called when then check on patients after they have left the hospital. They all seem to have no problems getting work over here.

Tumbi is a nice place, only 5-10 mins from Terrigal, I drive through it every day on my way to work! How long has your brother been in Australia?? Where is the house you are renting?? etc.

If you have any questions about the place or your arrival or anything let me know, and we'll defo have to catch up for a beer or two and a barbie.

I'll send you a PM!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Esperanza,

I think we have chatted previously on this forum........ We actually have a lot in common - I know that you live in the vineyards (Hunter, if I recall it was in Kelman...pr nearby??) Believe it of not I actually work in Cessnock, so only about 5 mins from where you live!! (my office is directly oposite the COmmonwealth Bank in Vincent St - upstairs!

I used to live on a vineyard in Pokolbin (in a previous life - long story)......so know my way around pretty well in these parts!

If you are even on the coast then please feel free to contact me and pop in say hello etc...... and if you are a diver then I can hook you up with some of my mates ....most of my friends dive and ar always keen for a dip in the big sea.

Hope to catch up with you soon!

Over and out!
A
Ok that's a little bit scary how much people can tell about you from what you said ages ago on a forum!! Note to self, must remember is PUBLIC forum!! (Still given, that my location is on my avatar, it's hardly a state secret!)

Will PM you!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:36 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Yeah, sometimes forget that anyone can get this stuff - I've edited my post to remove where you live and where I work.....

Sorry about that..

Perhaps need to edit yours as well.

Anyway, have PMed you!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Mr Luvpants
I work at Wyong hospital as a midwife so maybe your wife would like to meet up when she's working, for a coffee. It's a great little hospital but I don't know anything about the nursing side, don't venture into that side of things. Everyone is really friendly and it's so clean compared to NHS hospitals.
PM me if you need any furthur info or if your wife would like to meet up.

Andy
We live at Toronto Lake Macquarie, we are Caz & Matt & 2 kids. It's a bit of a distance to Terrigal but noticed that you are going to the CC meet on 8th March, so we'll see you there.

Caz
Originally Posted by mr luvpants
hello mate

Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:11 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Hi Andy

Me (Sim) & oh Liz are young feeling early 40s, from Lancashire, been living next to the lagoon for 4 weeks now but need to find a long term rent soon, we have 2 kids 20 & 9 so would have to have alternate nights out till we find a sitter.

We both work in Gosford & Liz especially would like some time away from the madness at home, we both like a drink & dining out, I'm into motorbikes, liz is into chilling out.

If your oh fancies a girly night out Liz is keen, I'm always up for a beer as the Terrigal Hotel is within staggering distance for me, feel free to pm us.

Cheers Sim
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:37 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Mr Luvpants
I work at Wyong hospital as a midwife so maybe your wife would like to meet up when she's working, for a coffee. It's a great little hospital but I don't know anything about the nursing side, don't venture into that side of things. Everyone is really friendly and it's so clean compared to NHS hospitals.
PM me if you need any furthur info or if your wife would like to meet up.

Andy
We live at Toronto Lake Macquarie, we are Caz & Matt & 2 kids. It's a bit of a distance to Terrigal but noticed that you are going to the CC meet on 8th March, so we'll see you there.

Caz

Hey Caz, I have a frined who is a midwife - not sure if she works at Wyong or Gosford Hospotal - very pretty thin tall blonde girl names Suzanne (won't put her last name on here) - she just got back from her honeymoon - married one of my best mates......

We would love to catch up! we are hoping to get to the next central coast meet on march 8th but we actually have to be in Newcastle the same day (later arvo) so we'll have to see if we can juggle times!

I'll send you a PM with my contact details and perhaps we can meet up - I have had a few responses from people like yourself - including Sim and his missus who are in Terrigal (see post above) and also from Esperanza who lives out Cessnock way. Perhaps we could have a 'break-away' meet somewhere convenient to all?

Work that out later!

Anyway, I'll PM you my details!