Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Terra Nova TV series

Terra Nova TV series

Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:13 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terra Nova TV series

boring it's not getting good reviews over here. Bad dialogue, no chemistry between the two leads, predictable.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
boring it's not getting good reviews over here. Bad dialogue, no chemistry between the two leads, predictable.
watched episode 3 last night and thought it was rubbish, enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes though.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:18 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
good show, has potential. Give it some time, it takes awhile for a show to find its feet, most pilots dont look half as good as this one was.

Wait until its 10 episodes in and then pass your judgements, doing it on the first pilot when the actors and writers havent got into the rythem yet is a bad idea.
I disagree. You can generally tell pretty quickly from the pilot how interesting and original a new show is going to be. Hence Mad Men, Breaking Bad etc have survived and won Emmys - speciality networks like AMC and HBO are kicking the traditional networks' butts.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

monkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud ofmonkeyalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I disagree. You can generally tell pretty quickly from the pilot how interesting and original a new show is going to be. Hence Mad Men, Breaking Bad etc have survived and won Emmys - speciality networks like AMC and HBO are kicking the traditional networks' butts.
yup ,

the lost pilot had me hooked straight away , same goes for the walking dead and game of thrones.

I don't know how much Spielberg actually had to do with this dross but if this and falling skies are anything to go by he should stick to films.......

....actually , if the last Raiders film was anything to go by he should he should retire and drag George " i ruined my own creation" Lucas with him.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 4:17 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeyalan
yup ,

the lost pilot had me hooked straight away , same goes for the walking dead and game of thrones.

I don't know how much Spielberg actually had to do with this dross but if this and falling skies are anything to go by he should stick to films.......

....actually , if the last Raiders film was anything to go by he should he should retire and drag George " i ruined my own creation" Lucas with him.

That last Indiana Jones movie was pretty shocking., but it largely had the feel of something like this:

Steven: George, I'm heading off for the weekend - don't touch the movie...
George: Ok, have a nice trip...

... Time pases ...

Steven: George, I thought I told you not to touch the movie?
George: Oh, I thought you said to put the finishing touches to it...
Steven: Oh no, let's have a look at what you've done...

... Time passes ...

Steven: Gah! A monkey car chase! Poorly animated aliens at the end!
George: Erm...
Steven: <sobs uncontrollably>
Old Oct 6th 2011, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the first two episodes

Absolutely woeful
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Just watched the first two episodes

Absolutely woeful
3 is rubbish too