Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The tension is mounting....

The tension is mounting....

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:28 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default The tension is mounting....

Well we've been here at my mates house almost a week now.....and the tension is mounting already

I can tell my friend is a bit stressed with all the extra noise etc and her teenagers have made it clear the 'honeymoon' period is over.....the novelty of having their friends here to live for a bit has definately worn off... It's like plate spinning here....trying to keep everyone sweet!!!

Fortunately we're going away to my mum's on Thursday for the Easter weekend to say our goodbyes to the family...christ I'm not sure which is worse...saying the goodbyes or the atmosphere here!!!!!!

After that we're back here until we fly on the 12th....add to all that the kids are on Easter holidays and my other half works nights....help!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm headed for a nervous breakdown methinks....either that or prison for murdering someone!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The tension is mounting....

Shes not about to read this is she Petra

Its nearly all over hun, hang in there. Hxxx
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:35 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of deep breaths Petra! Is this an insight to what a house load of visitors in Australia is going to be like?! Keep telling yourself the end is in sight and remind that wonderful friend of yours that you WILL return the favour big time!

Binbird
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:35 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Not long to go Petra.

Enjoy the Easter break, maybe it will be good for you and your friends to have a bit of space for a few days.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by artep
Well we've been here at my mates house almost a week now.....and the tension is mounting already

I can tell my friend is a bit stressed with all the extra noise etc and her teenagers have made it clear the 'honeymoon' period is over.....the novelty of having their friends here to live for a bit has definately worn off... It's like plate spinning here....trying to keep everyone sweet!!!

Fortunately we're going away to my mum's on Thursday for the Easter weekend to say our goodbyes to the family...christ I'm not sure which is worse...saying the goodbyes or the atmosphere here!!!!!!

After that we're back here until we fly on the 12th....add to all that the kids are on Easter holidays and my other half works nights....help!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm headed for a nervous breakdown methinks....either that or prison for murdering someone!!!!!!!!!
Deep breaths and hang-in there..... I guess we might HAVE to be at the airport at 6.15 with a beer or two hey
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:40 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Shes not about to read this is she Petra

Its nearly all over hun, hang in there. Hxxx
she isn't even aware this site exists....plus I'm on our laptop so she won't see the history...

Think the trouble is she works long hours so is always tired. So when she comes home from work she's greeted by my brood making the usual kids racket.. I've tried gagging my kids to keep them quiet....but trouble is they have minimal entertainment as all their stuff is bobbing about on a boat somewhere..
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The light at the end of the tunnel is daylight, not a trains head lights. You have survived selling the house, you can survive this. Hope the goodbyes to the family are bearable.

Believe it or not, I am very very jealous that you are staying with friends with precious few belongings.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:46 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Deep breaths and hang-in there..... I guess we might HAVE to be at the airport at 6.15 with a beer or two hey
.........now we're talking

My mate is fab she really is.....to be putting up with us lot for so long!!!!

Ana - Yep i think the break will do us all good..

Binbird - I will def be returning this favour big time for her.....I've made her promise to come and visit next year. while we've been here it's been a battle to get her to take any money off us too...lucky for me I leapt on the checkout at the supermarket to pay the bill before she did!!!! Mind you i need a mortgage just for the wine!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:51 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Believe it or not, I am very very jealous that you are staying with friends with precious few belongings.

I know....I'm not moaning.....well maybe a bit because I'm struggling to keep all my plates going....kids are oblivious to the stress they cause with the bickering they do.

I am really relieved to have got the house bit out of the way.....by FAR thats the worst bit..........nothing can beat the stress of not being able to sell the noose around your neck.

s'pose I'm just a bit frustrated at waiting soooo long and now I can almost taste our new lives & I'm such an impatient bugger!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your boosts!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:54 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, i feel for you all Petra,its so difficult staying with others,we had to do the same with the inlaws-it lasted two days!! then we booked into a hotel,could of done with saving the extra money but it was worth it just to have our own space again.

Hope the time flys by & in no time at all youll be sitting on that plane breathing a sigh of relief getting away from it all!

Donna.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:55 am
....is FAB

p.s - just tried to give you all some karma for being so nice.....but it will only let me send to one of you........says I have to spread for everyone else...doh!!!

Weird thing this karma lark........sometimes it will sometimes it won't..
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there mate, you've nearly made it........think of the two idiots meeting you at the airport......
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:59 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Oh, i feel for you all Petra,its so difficult staying with others,we had to do the same with the inlaws-it lasted two days!! then we booked into a hotel,could of done with saving the extra money but it was worth it just to have our own space again.

Donna.

We had to stay with my folks for a few months after getting married. It was a nightmare.

We were all used to our own space and living by our own rules, and there was such a big clash.

We ended up getting a loan for the rental deposit for a flat. The debt was worth it!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by artep
p.s - just tried to give you all some karma for being so nice.....but it will only let me send to one of you........says I have to spread for everyone else...doh!!!

Weird thing this karma lark........sometimes it will sometimes it won't..

I know, I find that - I've been trying to give it to a certain member of this forum for about a month, and despite spreading it around loads (god this sentance sounds awful ) it won't let me!!

Polly - what idiots?? Who?!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:01 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by madsad

Hope the time flys by & in no time at all youll be sitting on that plane breathing a sigh of relief getting away from it all!

Donna.
Cheers Donna....I think with hindsight it would have been better to book in a hotel somewhere.....but as there's 5 of us it would have been really expensive as we'd need 2 rooms.

I'm determined that these last few weeks are going to be good.....it may kill me in the process but it will be fine........I'm in a much rosier position than a lot of others here on expats.....at least I'm on my way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.