Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tennis at new heights!!

Tennis at new heights!!

Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tennis at new heights!!

I know this isn't relevant to BE's Australia Lifestyle and Culture forum but I just wanted to share these images with anyone who is interested. As part of the recent Dubai tennis tournament they put a tennis court on the helipad of the Burj al Arab hotel in Dubai and Agassi and Federer hit a few for the cameras of the world.

http://www.globalpersian.com/files/A...rer-Dubai.html

OzTennis
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis at new heights!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I know this isn't relevant to BE's Australia Lifestyle and Culture forum but I just wanted to share these images with anyone who is interested. As part of the recent Dubai tennis tournament they put a tennis court on the helipad of the Burj al Arab hotel in Dubai and Agassi and Federer hit a few for the cameras of the world.

http://www.globalpersian.com/files/A...rer-Dubai.html

OzTennis
How many people down on the beach got thumped by a falling ball - "no you can't have your ball back!"
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
How many people down on the beach got thumped by a falling ball - "no you can't have your ball back!"
Yeah they showed it on British Eurosport a number of times. Federer is scared of heights and was very nervous just going up in the lift on the side of the building. Eventually they thumped a couple of balls over the edge and Agassi could see them floating in the sea. I think they both earn enough to not have to worry about 'please mister (or sheikh or Abdul in this case) can I have my ball back'.

OzTennis
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:30 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Theres people out in the reserve tennis courts just over my back fence still playing!! Havn't these people got anything better to do on such a hot night Its a nightmare trying to kip with that racket going on
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hevs
Theres people out in the reserve tennis courts just over my back fence still playing!! Havn't these people got anything better to do on such a hot night Its a nightmare trying to kip with that racket going on
They just found the ball that Agassi hit from the Burj helipad.

Sorry they are disturbing your sleep but just a thought - if they weren't tennissing they might be hooning, drinking, smoking, popping, defacing and all the other 'ings'.

(Council bye-laws usually state the latest lights out time for tennis courts).

OzTennis