Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tenant:How to word my email to get feedback from a non-cooperative real estate agent?

Tenant:How to word my email to get feedback from a non-cooperative real estate agent?

Old Nov 3rd 2014, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Mike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to all
Question Tenant:How to word my email to get feedback from a non-cooperative real estate agent?

Hi everyone,

I am a tenant renting an apartment in Melbourne. Yesterday the real estate agent did his first routine inspection of the property to report to the property owner. Back when I used to rent in Sydney, the real estate agent(s) used to leave me some sort of feedback after every inspection, all the time very positive feedback because I tend to take very good care of where I live and keep it very clean etc. I always put the mentioned feedbacks in my next tenancy applications and they worked like a charm.

However, the real estate agent I am currently dealing with did not leave any kind of feedback after his inspection yesterday. (The unit was in a perfect clean and tidy condition.) Based on my previous experiences with him, he has shown to be a very non-cooperative type of person when it came to my questions requests etc.

I am considering sending him a brief email requesting for feedback. How do you think I should word my email in a way not giving him the impression he has a right to refuse but polite at the same way. (firm but respectful I guess?) I have weak social skills that's why I am asking.

Please write your suggestions

Thanks guys,

Last edited by Mike_P; Nov 3rd 2014 at 4:16 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 8:01 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenant:How to word my email to get feedback from a non-cooperative real estate ag

Many agents do not like leaving feedback as it can provoke arguments they would prefer not to have.
Don't push it, just write a short note asking if they did manage to do the inspection and if there is anything they would like you to improve for next time
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 10:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenant:How to word my email to get feedback from a non-cooperative real estate ag

Originally Posted by Mike_P
Hi everyone,

I am a tenant renting an apartment in Melbourne. Yesterday the real estate agent did his first routine inspection of the property to report to the property owner. Back when I used to rent in Sydney, the real estate agent(s) used to leave me some sort of feedback after every inspection, all the time very positive feedback because I tend to take very good care of where I live and keep it very clean etc. I always put the mentioned feedbacks in my next tenancy applications and they worked like a charm.

However, the real estate agent I am currently dealing with did not leave any kind of feedback after his inspection yesterday. (The unit was in a perfect clean and tidy condition.) Based on my previous experiences with him, he has shown to be a very non-cooperative type of person when it came to my questions requests etc.

I am considering sending him a brief email requesting for feedback. How do you think I should word my email in a way not giving him the impression he has a right to refuse but polite at the same way. (firm but respectful I guess?) I have weak social skills that's why I am asking.

Please write your suggestions

Thanks guys,
Hi Mike

Fact is, he may well have the right to refuse. The real estate agency he works for will have their own procedure for rental inspections, and if leaving feedback isn't on it, you're probably onto plums.

My experience of references from rental agents is that they'll just state overall if you paid on time and kept the property in good condition, not sure that you need feedback from each inspection. However, if you're still keen to get feedback you could try:

Dear........

You recently inspected my rented property for the purposes of determining if the property was being appropriately cared for. If possible I would like a copy of the inspection report, as such documents would be useful in establishing my status as a good tenant should the need arise for me to move premises in the future.

If it is not possible to provide me with a copy of the report, then a brief letter stating your understanding of the condition of the property on inspection would be greatly appreciated.

Yours blah blah
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Mike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to allMike_P is a name known to all

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated your help.