Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ten days and counting!

Ten days and counting!

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ten days and counting!

Yes, reached that completed insane state at the 10 days before we leave, my head's in a spin. We picked up our visas from NZ House today and it was all I could do to avoid bursting into tears of happiness! Tears are flowing at very strange times and for completely illogical reasons!

We then found out - 10 days before we leave that because we hadn't sent the contract back for the shippers, that despite our endless phonecalls with questions, they still failed to make a note of our 1st October pack-up day!! luckily managed to find someone else to do it (Allied Pickfords), but on 2nd - I know we're cutting it fine, but what choice do we have?

Flat hopefully going through before 3rd, or we'll be up a mountain in Nepal and unable to do much about it. Just got the car to sell - don't people want second-hand cars (4 yrs old!) these days?!

Oh, and my works lap-top was stolen, so I lost all my work I'd done over the summer - luckily they still want to employ me in NZ!

Still, no doubt I'll survive the week ahead. Can't wait to start our new life abroad! good luck to everyone else, - I just felt the need to get things off my chest, so thanks to anyone reading this!

Donna
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope things improve for you- you haven't had much luck so far have you!!

Keep posting, it will help relieve the pressure of it all.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna, good luck, this will all seem like a dim and distant memory in a few months time. Enjoy yourself!!!!!!