Reload this Page >

Temporary insurance for a visitor

Temporary insurance for a visitor

Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary insurance for a visitor

Hi

Does any body know how easy it is to add somebody to a car insurance policy for a few weeks? My brother is coming to visit from the UK for 3 weeks and I want to lend him my car.

If it is allowed, will this cost much and what will I be asked to provide to the insurance company? At the moment the car is only insured for my wife and myself.

Steve
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:43 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Temporary insurance for a visitor

ring up your insurance company and get him put on as a named driver ..
i take it he has a driving license ?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:19 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

It's quite easy to add someone to a policy for a short time... my other half just put his brother on his car insurance policy for a weekend (cost him £6) - I think when he did it he had to show proof of his brother having no claims insurance. Best ring up your insurance company to find out exactly what they will want to see.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:26 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by saraliz
It's quite easy to add someone to a policy for a short time... my other half just put his brother on his car insurance policy for a weekend (cost him £6) - I think when he did it he had to show proof of his brother having no claims insurance. Best ring up your insurance company to find out exactly what they will want to see.

I don;t know if it is the same over there but in th Uk it is often cheaper to put somepne on your insurance for the rest of your policy then put them on for a short period of time.

worth checking it out

Kala