Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temporary accomodation in Sydney

Temporary accomodation in Sydney

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

JugheadJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary accomodation in Sydney

I'll be coming over to Sydney in Jan/Feb 2006 with my family (wife & two kids). Before I start my job I'll obviously have to sort out a place to live. I've searched the forum for suggestions on where to live which has been very useful so thanks to everyone out there for providing such useful info (not just where to live but everything).

I was planning on coming out on my own for a month to get this sorted but really don't want to be away from my family for that long so would like to avoid this if possible. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that rents furnished places (house) for up to 1 month so we can all come over and look at houses/areas together. I don't really want to stay in hotel type accomodation as I imagine this could be a nightmare with kids.

What did everyone else do?

Cheers
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:19 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temporary accomodation in Sydney

Originally Posted by JugheadJones
I'll be coming over to Sydney in Jan/Feb 2006 with my family (wife & two kids). Before I start my job I'll obviously have to sort out a place to live. I've searched the forum for suggestions on where to live which has been very useful so thanks to everyone out there for providing such useful info (not just where to live but everything).

I was planning on coming out on my own for a month to get this sorted but really don't want to be away from my family for that long so would like to avoid this if possible. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that rents furnished places (house) for up to 1 month so we can all come over and look at houses/areas together. I don't really want to stay in hotel type accomodation as I imagine this could be a nightmare with kids.

Cheers
We're staying at the Meriton Westport apartments in Parramatta - not sure if this is any good to you or not. This is the website: http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reser...Parramatta.htm. The rates for the period you are looking for are reasonable, from what I can see, although might be a bit much for a month? Dh reckons you could easily pay that in accommodation in the UK, and this rate is for the room, not per person. We're in one of the two-bedroom apartments for a month, and they're nice places. We're here because dh's employer retains a few apartments and the accommodation was provided because we have to be in Sydney for a month before moving to WA.

Facilities are really good here and the apartments themselves are nice. Very clean, very modern. If you're interested in this area, you could do worse.

HTH.

Sue
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:20 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Temporary accomodation in Sydney

Originally Posted by JugheadJones

Cheers

If you want something in Central Sydney, I would thoroughly recommend the Parkridge Corporate Apartments.... don't be put off by the "corporate" bit - it is basically an apartment block with aprox.40% private ownership, the rest being rented out for tourists/corporate people.

We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with fully equipped laundry room, kitchen, sitting/dining room and balcony for those unlike me who can cope with heights - it was nicely but not expensively furnished... definitely okay for children, and easy to live in.

Apartments are on the corner of Liverpool St and Oxford St, right by Hyde Park, and it was a short and easy walk to Central Station, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and the Opera House. Fab local eateries, loads of train or bus connections. Also a heated pool and sauna, although it was too cold for us to be tempted!

All for $180.00 a night (as a short-term, holiday let), booked through M-power at www.m-power.net - would be worth seeing what they would do for a longer stay.

Hope this helps - good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:13 am
Just Joined

JugheadJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the helpful advice - really appreciated and will look into it.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by floss
If you want something in Central Sydney, I would thoroughly recommend the Parkridge Corporate Apartments.... don't be put off by the "corporate" bit - it is basically an apartment block with aprox.40% private ownership, the rest being rented out for tourists/corporate people.

We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with fully equipped laundry room, kitchen, sitting/dining room and balcony for those unlike me who can cope with heights - it was nicely but not expensively furnished... definitely okay for children, and easy to live in.

Apartments are on the corner of Liverpool St and Oxford St, right by Hyde Park, and it was a short and easy walk to Central Station, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and the Opera House. Fab local eateries, loads of train or bus connections. Also a heated pool and sauna, although it was too cold for us to be tempted!

All for $180.00 a night (as a short-term, holiday let), booked through M-power at www.m-power.net - would be worth seeing what they would do for a longer stay.

Hope this helps - good luck
We also stayed at Parkridge and recommend them. If possible try and get on the top/high floor as you get a better view. Best value apartments we could find for a family of 5 in central Sydney.