Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temporary Accomodation in Perth

Temporary Accomodation in Perth

Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Jules Stringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary Accomodation in Perth

I'm sure many others have been in this situation and I wondered if I could pick anyone's brain about how to resolve this. I've just figured out that if we send our shipment out say 5 weeks before we leave UK, it will be another 5 weeks after we get to Perth before it arrives. Our plan was to move into an unfurnished rental before we start looking for house to buy. However, methinks, we don't especially want to sit or sleep on the floor for 5 weeks in an unfurnished flat, much as I have been used to roughing it in the past! I wondered if anyone knows of some reasonably cheap long-term sort of holiday lets, which we could stay in for say the first 4 - 5 weeks, which would be furnished and have basic facilities (like a loo for example!) I have been doing some searching on the Internet, but it's a minefield, and all seem rather expensive e.g. £260 +++ per week. Maybe this is the going rate for holiday apartments, but I wouldn't mind betting someone knows of a better deal for people in our position. As soon as our shipment arrives, we can then either look for an unfurnished flat or house to buy, but in the meantime need to just 'park' somewhere. Someone might even have an annexe they'd like to rent out for a few weeks. There's me, my husband and son, Bernie aged 14.