Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temporary accomodation in Perth

Temporary accomodation in Perth

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:13 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Post Temporary accomodation in Perth

Just wondering what sort of accomodation you guys stay in short term on arrival in Perth. Have seen some very short term rent places on Aussiemove, these are enormous places. We would like to find some smaller appartments, two bedrooms which we could rent for two or so weeks.

We will only be arriving in Perth end April/May so plenty of time to sort this out.

Can anyone help with finding some good serviced appartments?

Cheers folks.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Temporary accomodation in Perth

Hi, We have a small fully furnished house that is available.
Sleeps 4, has 3 bedrooms.
Very good price
If you are intersted send me a pm
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:44 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Same scenario for us - arrive 28th April - but need bigger place - 2 adults, 5 kids (11 and under!)
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Stony is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Just wondering what sort of accomodation you guys stay in short term on arrival in Perth. Have seen some very short term rent places on Aussiemove, these are enormous places. We would like to find some smaller appartments, two bedrooms which we could rent for two or so weeks.

We will only be arriving in Perth end April/May so plenty of time to sort this out.

Cheers folks.
try perth meet and greet http://www.perthmeetandgreet.com/

havent used them myself but have heard great things about them, plus I beleive the owner is a regular contributor to this forum so..... either
1. good service
2. name and shame

Personnally I believe (from what I've heard) you will get "1. good service" and Jo goes out of her way to go that extra mile for her clients.

Stony
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:14 pm

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stony
try perth meet and greet http://www.perthmeetandgreet.com/

havent used them myself but have heard great things about them, plus I beleive the owner is a regular contributor to this forum so..... either
1. good service
2. name and shame

Personnally I believe (from what I've heard) you will get "1. good service" and Jo goes out of her way to go that extra mile for her clients.

Stony
Thanks for the info above.

It's always worth a look here
http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?c=7&f=3&v=all

Some smaller places to rent as well as some larger places.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gajjitt

Cheers folks.
Try www.migrantsinperth.com I am staying in one of theirs currently. they couldnt be more helpful!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:10 am
Just Joined

perthgirl will become famous soon enoughperthgirl will become famous soon enough

Hi

We have friends who have a helpful website for Perth migrants, lots of info car hire & accommodation.

www.emi-great.com

Good luck with the move guys
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:08 am

Thumbs up Re: Temporary accomodation in Perth

Originally Posted by perthgirl
Hi

We have friends who have a helpful website for Perth migrants, lots of info car hire & accommodation.

www.emi-great.com

Good luck with the move guys
Hi everyone on here, what a fantastic site, what a great friendly bunch you's all are.

Thanks for your help with links, there are so many good services in Perth to help you with your first couple of weeks in Oz. I like that some of these services even have someone to pick you up at the airport.

Visa came through in November, offer accepted on flat last week, no chain. Handed in notice in January on job, needed to give 3 months notice. Which takes us through until around April 15.

It's soooo soon, and we can't wait, all three of us, wife and 9 month old daughter. It's all sooooo scary.

Any other links would be great!!

Cheers Paul (pretend it's VB)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:32 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Likewise thanks to all.
3 months notice handed in last week.
Moved to rented house last Friday.
Flights booked yesterday with Singapore for 27th/28th April.
Can save £400 if furniture shipped by end March - for this pick up required 21st Feb.
Just need a job now!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:08 am

Cool Re: Temporary accomodation in Perth

Originally Posted by bal56
Likewise thanks to all.
3 months notice handed in last week.
Moved to rented house last Friday.
Flights booked yesterday with Singapore for 27th/28th April.
Can save £400 if furniture shipped by end March - for this pick up required 21st Feb.
Just need a job now!
Hi bal56, good luck with the move to Oz. Are you moving to Perth too?

Have registered with a few job sites myself but nothing too serious yet. I plan to move out in April/May and take it easy for a few months before seriously looking for work. I see you also are skilled in IT. There seem to be a few jobs in this area in Perth (looked at careerone.com.au). Here's hoping.

We could be moving around the same time as you. Fingers crossed that the house sale goes smoothly and we exchange by mid April.

Good luck with the job search.

Take care Paul
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:15 am
letsgoperth.com.au

Smile Re: Temporary accomodation in Perth

Originally Posted by bal56
Same scenario for us - arrive 28th April - but need bigger place - 2 adults, 5 kids (11 and under!)

Hi there,

We currently have availability from 18th April. Please have a look at www.letsgoperth.com we have a lovely house thats quite spacious, 4 beds, child friendly garden etc. We have 1 king and 3 singles but we could organise additions if need be or travel cot.

Cheers