Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temping Agencies Sydney

Temping Agencies Sydney

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

easygroove is on a distinguished road
Default Temping Agencies Sydney

Hooray our visa has been approved! We are off in April to Sydney.

My hubby has already got a job to go to but I haven't. I'm currently an Office Financial Manager/Administrator but will be temping when we first arrive. Can anyone recommend a good temping agency in Sydney - will be looking for PA secreterial work. How much salary can I expect for a PA position?

Any advice will be much apprecitaed.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Temping Agencies Sydney

Originally Posted by easygroove
Hooray our visa has been approved! We are off in April to Sydney.

My hubby has already got a job to go to but I haven't. I'm currently an Office Financial Manager/Administrator but will be temping when we first arrive. Can anyone recommend a good temping agency in Sydney - will be looking for PA secreterial work. How much salary can I expect for a PA position?

Any advice will be much apprecitaed.
There are so many agencies in Sydney, it would be impossible to recommend a good one. Of course, there are agencies such as Manpower, Julia Ross, Adecco, Choice etc but there are loads of smaller ones too.
Why not check out www.mycareer.com.au or www.seek.com.au & try searching for the job that you're after. You might find ones that give a rough idea of salary. Most of the agencies like you to go in & register with them, they'll discuss the type of work you're after etc but you could email them your resume (CV) before hand.

Happy Job Hunting when you get here!

Stacey
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
There are so many agencies in Sydney, it would be impossible to recommend a good one. Of course, there are agencies such as Manpower, Julia Ross, Adecco, Choice etc but there are loads of smaller ones too.
Why not check out www.mycareer.com.au or www.seek.com.au & try searching for the job that you're after. You might find ones that give a rough idea of salary. Most of the agencies like you to go in & register with them, they'll discuss the type of work you're after etc but you could email them your resume (CV) before hand.

Happy Job Hunting when you get here!

Stacey
Hi,

www.mycareer.com.au and www.seek.com.au are both good places to look for work and will give you a good idea of the salaries on offer within your field of work.
I also registered with hays and network recruitment and have found them both really helpful.
You could email your Resume through to the Companies now, but they would probably want to see you for an informal chat when you arrive in Australia.

Lots of luck

Where are you planning on living here?

Su
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

easygroove is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by suzysu
Hi,

www.mycareer.com.au and www.seek.com.au are both good places to look for work and will give you a good idea of the salaries on offer within your field of work.
I also registered with hays and network recruitment and have found them both really helpful.
You could email your Resume through to the Companies now, but they would probably want to see you for an informal chat when you arrive in Australia.

Lots of luck

Where are you planning on living here?

Su

Northern Beaches - Queenscliffe, Manly Dam and surrounding area.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:59 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by easygroove
Northern Beaches - Queenscliffe, Manly Dam and surrounding area.
May find the better salaries in Sydney CBD (from memory as not lived in Sydney since 2001). Plus you can get the ferry/jet cat from Manly if close to there, opposed to the sitting in traffic at Spit Bridge.

I know when I was looking for PA/sec work at the time there seemed to be a bit of work over in Frenchs Forest, can't remember if I have this correct.

Also my sister-in-law used to live at Bilgola Plateau, Norther Beaches and we used to get there from North Ryde, passing through Gordon/Pymble. Lots of businesses in those areas.

Downside to those areas I would imagine is traffic/commuting.

Good luck, M