Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temperature in Perth in January

Temperature in Perth in January

Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Temperature in Perth in January

Hi

Coming for reccie to Perth on new years eve for 2 weeks, anyone tell me of average temp in jan and also as summer hols does it get difficult to get into campsites up and down the coast.

Cheers

Mick
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:24 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temperature in Perth in January

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi

Coming for reccie to Perth on new years eve for 2 weeks, anyone tell me of average temp in jan and also as summer hols does it get difficult to get into campsites up and down the coast.

Cheers

Mick

Well its a lovely warm day today ! Hows the weather in St Albans?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:45 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

HOT
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Ho Ho Ho Sme

Can I report that its a sunny, oops cloudy 4 degrees. Hows that for barmy UK!

Hows things, are you enyoying it? Josh was gonna msn your oldest to see how she was liking it but dont think thay have been on at same time.

Have Fun

Mick

Will defo take you up on the barbie offer by the way
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Cheers

Mick
last Jan the weather never really kicked off...worst summer as far as i remember people saying...but for us it felt hot at times as we were new to the place..
As for camp sites...best book in advance to aviod disappointment.

happy hols
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick

Hope everything is good with you. Should be nice in Perth by then and obviously a lot hotter than the UK. Early Jan - School hols - you do need to do some homework re accommodation.

Sue
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:33 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in Jan this year, the kids used the pool in the rental every day, I went in once, the Mrs not at all, very windy in Perth to.
Peeps said this was exceptionally bad summer.
Weather already this spring fing lovely, so who knows.
We are going camping to Walpole end of Jan, plenty of availability at the mo. The Xmas break however was fully booked by last Xmas!

Kevin
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:03 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers

Mick
Hi Mick,

hope all your prearations for the big move are going well.

We arrived in Perth for our reccie the day after Boxing Day last year and were there for two weeks. It was the coldest NewYear's Day since records began. The whole two weeks we were there temperatures were in the low 20s. Many days overcast and cold and windy. We spent a day shivering at Rottnest wondering why everyone raves about the place when all we wanted was to get out of the cold. Thankfully there were some nice warm and sunny days as well.

It was "unseasonally" cold last year. But I would suggest you come prepared that it might not necessarily be sunny and 30-40 degrees all the time.

We didn't camp, so I can't comment on that.

Gina
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:07 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

most days 25-35 but could hit 40+ if a real heat wave kicks in.

Only one 40 deg c day last year , but folks say were in 4 a hot one this year

Last edited by Perthforme; Nov 8th 2006 at 1:11 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:43 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Ho Ho Ho Sme

Can I report that its a sunny, oops cloudy 4 degrees. Hows that for barmy UK!

Hows things, are you enyoying it? Josh was gonna msn your oldest to see how she was liking it but dont think thay have been on at same time.

Have Fun

Mick

Will defo take you up on the barbie offer by the way
She will more than likely be on at w/end - morning uk, evening in Perth

Its good here so far
We look forward to a barbie and a few scoops in January

Gillian
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:58 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers

Mick
The weather will be perfect
Jan 2006 the mean temp for the month was 28.8C
With a day time low of 21.6 and a high of 37.9
There were only 4 days where it didnt reach 25C in the day, There were 11 where it went over 30C.
It rained on 6 days in the month (but 2 of them were only 0.2mm of rain on days there were over 13hrs of sun) Total rain was 28.4mm for the month. With 314hrs of Sunshine.
Didnt seem too bad a month to me!

Enjoy your stay.
Steve

Didnt seem to bad a
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Coming for reccie to Perth on new years eve for 2 weeks, anyone tell me of average temp in jan
http://www.bom.gov.au