Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is temp rented accomodation really rare

Is temp rented accomodation really rare

Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice
Default Is temp rented accomodation really rare

Hi,Please can someone tell me what the deal is with rented accomodation in Oz. We are planning to move over to central coast,nsw,as soon as our house has sold. Theres me,oh,and 2 kids. We need to rent a place,giving us time to look around for the right neighbourhood,schools etc, but Im sure I have read here somewhere that renting in Oz,is very expensive,and is almost impossible to get hold off
Can anyone shed a little light for me
thanks very much
Deb
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is temp rented accomodation really rare

Originally Posted by What_a_life
Hi,Please can someone tell me what the deal is with rented accomodation in Oz. We are planning to move over to central coast,nsw,as soon as our house has sold. Theres me,oh,and 2 kids. We need to rent a place,giving us time to look around for the right neighbourhood,schools etc, but Im sure I have read here somewhere that renting in Oz,is very expensive,and is almost impossible to get hold off
Can anyone shed a little light for me
thanks very much
Deb
Hi Deb
We offer short term accomadation for people in your position on the Gold Coast but not in NSW - have a look on the links page under relocation - might be someone on there that can help you!
Good Luck
xx
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
Hi Deb
We offer short term accomadation for people in your position on the Gold Coast but not in NSW - have a look on the links page under relocation - might be someone on there that can help you!
Good Luck
xx
Thank you,thats great
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Had a look,looks like if we wanted to go to Brisbane,we would be fine, but nothing for nsw,. But will look through other threads,and see if something pops up. Failing that will have to tell the kids its cool to sleep on the beach,
Still got a bit of time , so no panicing,save that for next month
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:33 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Smile Is temp rented accomodation really rare

Hi there, Just noticed your reply to one of the threads here...we are coming over to Brisbane on 6th June and have a weeks accomodation in a hotel in the city but would like to investigate the Gold Coast for more permanent accomodation. Do you have any rentals free at that time for a family of 6...2 adults and 4 children 13,11,7&5.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Hi there, Just noticed your reply to one of the threads here...we are coming over to Brisbane on 6th June and have a weeks accomodation in a hotel in the city but would like to investigate the Gold Coast for more permanent accomodation. Do you have any rentals free at that time for a family of 6...2 adults and 4 children 13,11,7&5.
Hi Sarah Jane
I have PM you - i think we can def help you out for that date
Thanks
Emma
x
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

_Australia will become famous soon enough

I suggest you have a look on Australia's largest Real Estate Website which includes rentals - http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu= They have hundred of rentals from cheap to expensive + What i like about the website is you can use the map to search properties by location. I just did a quick search of Gosford and there was more than 210 and thats only 1 town! so u will be fine.

Good Luck anyway
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _Australia
I suggest you have a look on Australia's largest Real Estate Website which includes rentals - http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu= They have hundred of rentals from cheap to expensive + What i like about the website is you can use the map to search properties by location. I just did a quick search of Gosford and there was more than 210 and thats only 1 town! so u will be fine.

Good Luck anyway
Thats where we are looking at, Gosford,Terrigal. Thanks ,Looks like I can put the tent away then,