From temp to PR

Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:03 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking From temp to PR

Came to Australia on a 457 sponsored visa just over 6 months ago - but on Saturday we fly to New Zealand (Auckland) to validate our 136 SI Visa. , back to Melbourne next Saturday.

It is such a relief - I've had alot of trouble with my 457 - and now I can relax and get on with my life

Sorry for all the , but I'm a very happy person !!!

Cas
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: From temp to PR

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Came to Australia on a 457 sponsored visa just over 6 months ago - but on Saturday we fly to New Zealand (Auckland) to validate our 136 SI Visa. , back to Melbourne next Saturday.

It is such a relief - I've had alot of trouble with my 457 - and now I can relax and get on with my life

Cas
Hi Cas,

Glad you are only an ocean's away from ur PR!!! I totally understand the stress u have been through with ur 457! All the best for ur "new" start in Melb on ur PR!

oxoxo
ps: and enjoy NZ as well for the short time ur gonna be there!

fabie
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:07 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on becoming perm. I look forward to the day when I can say the same, and put that bloody 457 behind me.
Enjoy NZ
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hi Cas,

Glad you are only an ocean's away from ur PR!!! I totally understand the stress u have been through with ur 457! All the best for ur "new" start in Melb on ur PR!

oxoxo
ps: and enjoy NZ as well for the short time ur gonna be there!

fabie
Thanks Fabie
Am I right in thinking you were on a 457?

Cas x
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by webgum
Congrats on becoming perm. I look forward to the day when I can say the same, and put that bloody 457 behind me.
Enjoy NZ
Thanks - wonder why every one says that ??

Cas
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Thanks Fabie
Am I right in thinking you were on a 457?

Cas x
Nope, Im on PR, cominb over for good on Sept. 18th!!! :-) to Brisbane!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Nope, Im on PR, cominb over for good on Sept. 18th!!! :-) to Brisbane!
Sorry, had a feeling you were...

Getting excited?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:25 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

excellent.....enjoy ur new status
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Jaybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Caroline , what sort of problems have you come up against while on your temp visa
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jaybee
Caroline , what sort of problems have you come up against while on your temp visa
Got to go for a bit, but will PM you in about an hour - ok?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Cas
I can totally relate to your exhilaration. I too came to Australia on an employer sponsored 457 Visa and was very happy to become a PR.

I still work for the same company and didn't want to leave, but I hated being dependent on them for my residence in Oz.

We validated our PR visas in Vanuatu. I think it may have been the first time that the embassy there had done it as they didn't have a clue and had to get instructions from New Caledonia.

Congrats
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:19 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunlover
I can totally relate to your exhilaration. I too came to Australia on an employer sponsored 457 Visa and was very happy to become a PR.

I still work for the same company and didn't want to leave, but I hated being dependent on them for my residence in Oz.

We validated our PR visas in Vanuatu. I think it may have been the first time that the embassy there had done it as they didn't have a clue and had to get instructions from New Caledonia.

Congrats

where is that, is it Fiji?

Thats where we r thinking of gettin ours when the time comes......
we are also on 457's but no problems apart from I wanna go to uni, so need PR soon.....

Laura
x
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
where is that, is it Fiji?

Thats where we r thinking of gettin ours when the time comes......
we are also on 457's but no problems apart from I wanna go to uni, so need PR soon.....

Laura
x
Vanuatu is a group of islands in the South Pacific slightly East of Fiji.

Can you get HECS for Uni as a PR ? I thought you had to be a Citizen ?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:26 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your trip to NZ Cas.

At the end of the day the 457 served a purpose eh ?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Enjoy your trip to NZ Cas.

At the end of the day the 457 served a purpose eh ?
Yes, I suppose it did Bix

Very happy to get it though nevertheless

Cas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.