Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temp to Permanent

Temp to Permanent

Old Jan 19th 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice
Default Temp to Permanent

Well here i am in sunny melbourne (at the moment anyway). I have been here for 3 months and i'm on an employer sponsered 457 for 2 years, now i know that i want to stay how do i get upgraded to permanent do i have to have my employer sponser me or can i do it on my own?
Thanks in advance
Mandy
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:50 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Temp to Permanent

you can do it on your own.

basically, go to www.immi.gov.au and check out the stuff there for 'general skilled migration'. make sure you fulfill the basic requirements. then you have to get your skills assessed by the relevant association, and once you have a positive assessment just apply using form 47sk.

there are other ways to, depending on if you have an aussie partner, etc. it's all on the website.

try using the immigration forum too. plenty of help all around.

i did it myself after being on a 457 for about 16 months (of a 4 year one)

good luck!

Originally posted by Mandyisere
Well here i am in sunny melbourne (at the moment anyway). I have been here for 3 months and i'm on an employer sponsered 457 for 2 years, now i know that i want to stay how do i get upgraded to permanent do i have to have my employer sponser me or can i do it on my own?
Thanks in advance
Mandy