Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temp furnishings package for rental? (GC)

Temp furnishings package for rental? (GC)

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Temp furnishings package for rental? (GC)

Hello all,

After lengthy delays we hope to arrive on the Gold Coast mid November.

Even if we ship our stuff in the next couple of weeks, its likely we will not receive it at the other end in time for Christmas.

So I was wondering about ways of getting temporary furnishings/equipment etc for a rental home until the container arrives. I recall somewhere on here I read about a company that supplies a "package" of stuff for just such an eventuality, though I can't find the thread on a search.

Failing that, is there anyone on the Gold Coast planning to holiday in the UK for Christmas who would like to rent their fully furnished house to us for the holidays???
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:57 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp furnishings package for rental? (GC)

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hello all,

After lengthy delays we hope to arrive on the Gold Coast mid November.

Even if we ship our stuff in the next couple of weeks, its likely we will not receive it at the other end in time for Christmas.

So I was wondering about ways of getting temporary furnishings/equipment etc for a rental home until the container arrives. I recall somewhere on here I read about a company that supplies a "package" of stuff for just such an eventuality, though I can't find the thread on a search.

Failing that, is there anyone on the Gold Coast planning to holiday in the UK for Christmas who would like to rent their fully furnished house to us for the holidays???

Hi there you can also rent places that are completely furnished right down to the knives and forks! X
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for that.

I have read about furnished rentals. The thing is that we would only need it furnished for a couple of months and I dont really want to have to move again when our container arrives.

We have friends who have very kindly said that we can stay with them. I don't really want to do this over Christmas though because its a special time and if possible I would like it with just my family and leave them to their own traditions etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:09 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for that.

I have read about furnished rentals. The thing is that we would only need it furnished for a couple of months and I dont really want to have to move again when our container arrives.

We have friends who have very kindly said that we can stay with them. I don't really want to do this over Christmas though because its a special time and if possible I would like it with just my family and leave them to their own traditions etc.

True.

Not sure how much furniture you have to bring with you but a lot of the houses here are bigger than the UK and you may well end up needing more furniture than you are shipping. There are shops here that do furniture packages which may end up cheaper than renting stuff, not sure what the quality is like though X
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that. I might just be that we have to wait to arrive to sort this out. Its just that there is so much to do!! Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment so just trying to tick small things off my massive list

Thanks for the help,
Ren
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:29 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Thanks for that. I might just be that we have to wait to arrive to sort this out. Its just that there is so much to do!! Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment so just trying to tick small things off my massive list

Thanks for the help,
Ren
Maybe just op for a holiday rental place for the first couple of weeks to ease the pressure, Good Luck X
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Hello again, we rented furniture from a company in Nerang while we waited for our furniture, fridge, flat screen tv, washing machine, dryer, loads of stuf.

Just google rentals and stuff, thats how we found it, pay weekly they deliver no contract.

Well worth it
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that, if you don't mind I will get in touch with you nearer the time for the details if needed?

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

We found it worked out cheaper to rent a fully furnished place for 6 months and just keep the container in storage. Gave us more time to really find a place to buy with no hassle. It also seemed furniture rental was pretty expensive.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future

Hi

We recently had a quotation from a company called Castle Hire (Gold Coast).

For their 'gold' package (family of 4) for a 1 month term the monthly rental charge was $1,410 (plus delivery and collection costs).

Thought it was quite expensive myself.

Clare
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:14 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, if you don't mind I will get in touch with you nearer the time for the details if needed?

PHD Rentals
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

Try this one - http://www.moveover.com.au/index.html