Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Telling MIL in a min about our plans!!!

Telling MIL in a min about our plans!!!

Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:48 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Telling MIL in a min about our plans!!!

Yes She is on the way and we are about to tell Her our plans,don't think shes going to be very happy at all.
Shes 76 and not in the best of health,but it's time we told her we think,Not looking forward to this at all,i'm sure she'll be very upset.If the time is right we'll do it but may bottle it if shes not feeling to well...wish us luck and send some Karma Please!!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telling MIL in a min about our plans!!!

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Yes She is on the way and we are about to tell Her our plans,don't think shes going to be very happy at all.
Shes 76 and not in the best of health,but it's time we told her we think,Not looking forward to this at all,i'm sure she'll be very upset.If the time is right we'll do it but may bottle it if shes not feeling to well...wish us luck and send some Karma Please!!
good luck rugbymad,i dont envy you.we have told my family and they are happy for us.hubby has yet to tell his mum,she will be left on her own,so hes been putting it off.give her a large sherry and then explain why you are doing. it .at the end of the day she has led her life her way and now you want to live your life your way.its tough i know . irishbloo x
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'll try and send you some Karma. Might not work as never done in before!

Marina x
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:00 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

sounds like your in the same boat as us!! Anyway she'll be here soon so we'll make a judgement then,but she to will be literally on her own,like you said though,we have to focus on why we're doing this and at the end of the day our journey is just starting and she has led the majority of her life and made her choices! Bloody hell i'm not looking forward to today,i'll go watch some rugby later wish I could play but broke the little toe last weekend playing!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:03 am
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by nomayaja
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'll try and send you some Karma. Might not work as never done in before!

Marina x
Thank you! where abouts in France are you! I love France,worked over ther for a while and loved it,great country ( well,the place i was is anyway) lovely wine ,food and weather .good rugby as well.....why ain't we going there???
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:04 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

sent u some K check it out
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:09 am
Running on the spot.

Cheers Biggy,good comments,and I agree!!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:12 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Biggy,good comments,and I agree!!
no worries babe
xx
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:22 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

She might surprise you ... and say it's absolutely the right thing to be doing! We're really lucky because both our families have said "fantastic go for it.... when can we visit?" My mum has already started saving up ... she wants to come over in November so she can go and watch the cricket!!!!!
K sent.. good luck!
SonicBird & ChopperBoy
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:24 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

good luck!!!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

we are in the same position mother in law 77 not in great health farther in law quite ill.

told them some months ago response from mother in law was " why do you want to do that you should drop the whole silly idea, why would you want to go and live there " (not a good start to the process).

from that point forward we did not mention to them she has now come around i think and is actively asking how were are getting on. not sure yet if this just one of her cunning ploys. Time will tell if and when we get our visa

good luck

regards

jon
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Ian! Adam's Mum can't understand why we're doing it, but she's had plenty of time to get used to it now (well as best she can) but she's only 61 and plenty of travelling years in front of her (though is scared of flying!!). So I guess you won't know until you tell her - don't envy you though.
My Mum found out through a third party which was a bit embarrasing!! Still my parents (just Mum now as Dad passed away recently) is supportive and perfectly understands our reasons.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:52 am
Running on the spot.

told her about the reccie trip...Jury is out!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:55 am
Running on the spot.

Good luck to you Adam,Rach and kids,really nice to meet you yesterday.
Hope the movers did ok and your now clutter free,roll on wednesday,we'll be thinking of you!
Happy days
Old Jan 14th 2006, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

you are not going to belive this my wife went to see her mom and dad today who tolder her that they have applied for a credit card and free passports so they can come to see use if we go.

Boy were we both shocked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.