Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tell us about your neighbour in Australia, Are they good?

Tell us about your neighbour in Australia, Are they good?

Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

jery_wang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tell us about your neighbour in Australia, Are they good?

Hi,

I'd like to know how your neighbour is in Australia. Are they good? Are they noisy. Is it common in Australia to have dispute with the neighbour. How about living in apartment/unit where the proximity is closer between premises.

Are there bad (good) experiences to share?

Thanks
Jerry
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:34 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell us about your neighbour in Australia, Are they good?

Originally Posted by jery_wang
Hi,

I'd like to know how your neighbour is in Australia. Are they good? Are they noisy. Is it common in Australia to have dispute with the neighbour. How about living in apartment/unit where the proximity is closer between premises.

Thanks
Jerry
If my new neighbours in oz are like the ones that have moved next to me I'll be done for murder :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
If my new neighbours in oz are like the ones that have moved next to me I'll be done for murder :scared:
I suppose you are still in UK and someone has just moved next to you. What have they done?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Jerry
We dont really see them, you drive into your garage, shut the door, and thats it. Last house we was in for 12 months, spoke to neighbours 2 weeks before we moved.W e have nobody across from us.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:43 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you are still in UK and someone has just moved next to you. What have they done?
yes thats right STILL HERE. Have you got a few hours spare
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

yes thats right STILL HERE. Have you got a few hours spare
Cheers up. The time will come when you receive the letter of confirmation of your PR.

What's up?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:51 pm
Life's a gamble

Cheers up. The time will come when you receive the letter of confirmation of your PR.

What's up?
Just been a pain in arse. Going through Solicitors at the moment and trying to sell house at same time, should be fun if and when we have an offer
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Just been a pain in arse. Going through Solicitors at the moment and trying to sell house at same time, should be fun if and when we have an offer
Good luck
Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I have the most fabulour neighbours here in Oz. A couple in their 60's. I call her my ozzie mum. She keeps a spare key for the house, takes my 11year old to school if she misses her bus, feeds the cat when we are away and many other things. I have coffee with her most days if I can. She is a very young 60 year old. My other neighbours aren't bad either, my daughter plays with their 9 year old boy and if pushed the 4year old girl. In fact she spends most of the weekend there in the pool. If only it was our house and not a rental. We shall be moving sometime soon hope the next lot are as nice.

Jo
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:18 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Jerry
We are currently renting a house in a quiet cul-de sac, and all the residents are marvellous, well apart from 1 couple, he's a banker and shes a shop assistant. They really think they are something.

I must say we are extremely fortunate, to have picked such a great place with great people.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Jerry
Your more aware of your neighbours in OZ even in houses, due to outdoor living, open windows, pools, barbies dogs live outside etc.

As for the people its like any country theres good bad and ugly, peoples people anywhere.

Each state has a mediation service for disputes between neighbours so yes thats same as anywhere too. Fencing disputes and noise are one of the most common complaints.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:29 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a cul-de-sac of 9 houses and we all got together for a street party on Australia Day. They are a friendly bunch.

Our neighbour on our left cuts all our hair. Neighbours 2 doors down on the right - hubby goes mountain biking with the Dad every weekend while the women drink coffee (oh - and mind the children!) and she and I go power walking a couple of times a week. There's always someone out to chat with or join in a game with the kids! We have only been here three months and feel very much at home.

Binbird
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say you were less aware of your neighbours here.

All of ours seem to be very nice, we were invited to a get together at one of the neighbours christmas eve and although most had been living here for over a year none of them had met each other and it was the first time weed seen any of them in the two months we'd been here.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 9:47 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

one of our neighbours speaks to us when we're in the back garden (which is not a lot because it's on a 35 degree slope!0) but other than that the neighbours on the other side have never even caught eye contact with either of us. Other folk in the street smile and put their hands up, but never spoken to.

We've never had any problems apart from a seemingly abandoned car out front of our house when we moved in. Its rego ran out two years prior, and it was sun bleached was full of mcdonalds wrappers, old newspapers and even had a leg brace in it.
I got fed up of not having the extra car parking space and the crunch was when our furniture lorry arrived, the guys had to park further back from our driveway because of this car in the way so I called the police helpline, in case it had been abandoned. They told me that the car was indeed still registered to someone still living in the street so they couldn't arrange to have it disposed of and it unfortunately had every right to be there. Within a few weeks though, the car was cleared out of all rubbish then removed. I guess the police mentioned that someone was annoyed with it being there and whoever owned it decided to get rid once and for all. Happy ending, although, I suspect they may have cursed us for moaning about it...

One thing that is a little weird is that there are so many families on our street, but I still hardly ever see the kids playing out. When the ice cream van comes round no-one ever runs out to it, so I guess that means the kids are always out elsewhere, maybe on the beach.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 10:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We moved in here on the 18th December. Saw one neighbour who invited us all over for New Years Eve. Another neighbour has been really helpful about where pipes etc may be located leading to pits etc.

He and his wife had us round for drinks the other afternoon - threw us a bit, never been round for drinks at 4pm before

All others we have nodded to, said morning to etc but we are on acreage so some are long ways away and you just see driveways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.