Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tell me all about it please????

tell me all about it please????

Old May 13th 2003, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tell me all about it please????

hi im delboys wife and would love to hear peoples stories all about the decision to emigrate why ? how it is all going and what you had to do to get this far,ie applying? selling house? familly reactions and friends? getting visa? living in oz? and is it what you thought it would be .I hope i will read some good and bad stories thanks from allison .
Old May 13th 2003, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi alison

are you still going to Perth.?

Cheers booboo
Old May 13th 2003, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

alison there are squillions of good/bad stories here
use the search function and put in words you want to read about schools/houses/ etc etc

cheers

richard
Old May 13th 2003, 11:44 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: tell me all about it please????

Originally posted by delboy
hi im delboys wife and would love to hear peoples stories all about the decision to emigrate why ? how it is all going and what you had to do to get this far,ie applying? selling house? familly reactions and friends? getting visa? living in oz? and is it what you thought it would be .I hope i will read some good and bad stories thanks from allison .
Hi Alison

my husband and I decided to try for Oz becuase of

1) the challenge
2) the opportunity to follow a dream of getting out of Scotland
3) the weather (big factor coming from Scotland)

So far we are still waiting for the visa - posting off medicals and police checks tomorrow. We are currently renting in Glasgow but do own a house in Caithness. Our tenants re moving out of that in a few weeks and then it will be going on the market (regardless of the visa decision).

Our family reaction has been great, although living away from my Mum already it is beginning to hit home a bit for her that she might not see much more of me ever!

But the whole process has been not too bad so far - fingers crossed it will stay that way!

What's your story?

Mel
Old May 13th 2003, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default ? r u still going to perth

Originally posted by booboo

hi alison

are you still going to Perth.?

Cheers booboo
yes i hope so boo boo why do you ask?, where r u going and when
Old May 13th 2003, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default thanks

Originally posted by r.bartlett
alison there are squillions of good/bad stories here
use the search function and put in words you want to read about schools/houses/ etc etc

cheers

richard
thanks richard thats brill cheers allison
Old May 13th 2003, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: tell me all about it please????

Originally posted by mika24me
Hi Alison

my husband and I decided to try for Oz becuase of

1) the challenge
2) the opportunity to follow a dream of getting out of Scotland
3) the weather (big factor coming from Scotland)

So far we are still waiting for the visa - posting off medicals and police checks tomorrow. We are currently renting in Glasgow but do own a house in Caithness. Our tenants re moving out of that in a few weeks and then it will be going on the market (regardless of the visa decision).

Our family reaction has been great, although living away from my Mum already it is beginning to hit home a bit for her that she might not see much more of me ever!

But the whole process has been not too bad so far - fingers crossed it will stay that way!

What's your story?

Mel
my story is quiet boring so far im afraid, only just started,went to migration agency last week,im using ian harrob and a associates.My husband has just got all his trades application sorted out to be sent also have got police checks requested, so thats about it on that line. Ihave two sons one age 8 and the other age 6 months ,i have one brother older than me quiet close he his thinking to migrate to perth have two cousins over perth,have never been to perth have you?,husband hopes to go in september to have a look ,im very close to my mum and dad and will miss them like crazy ,but you never know they might even come to oz if can, thats enough about me thanks for answering , i also have a house to sell if visa comes . bye for now allison