Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tell me about the Spiders

Tell me about the Spiders

Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:04 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Betty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud of
Default Tell me about the Spiders

I really do not like spiders :scared: absolutely petrified of them!
My partner keeps telling me that they will not be a problem in built up areas and that you can get a special "spray" for the home to stop them coming in.
Is he having me on?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:07 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me about the Spiders

Originally Posted by Betty Boop
My partner keeps telling me that they will not be a problem in built up areas and that you can get a special "spray" for the home to stop them coming in.
Is he having me on?
No he is not at all
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:14 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Betty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Tell me about the Spiders

Thanks so no need to worry then
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:27 pm
wombat42

Is he having me on?
l knew a Pom who was terrified of spiders in OZ. One day she lifted up a large
piece of corrigated iron and underneath was an enormous deadly 5 foot long Tiger snake, which jumped up look a bite at her but missed. After that she was so terrified of snakes she completly lost her fear of spiders. :scared:

Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:32 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Oh my God!!! That's even more scary :scared: :scared:
So are snakes more of a problem than spiders then?

Lisa
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:38 pm
wombat42

Oh my God!!! That's even more scary :scared: :scared:
So are snakes more of a problem than spiders then?

Lisa
There are many more spiders then snakes, but snakes are much more deadly.
l would much rather be bitten by a spider then a snake, but its the crocodiles that are the real killers, you don't have to go into the water to be
killed by a croc they can chase you across land and run twice as fast as humans. Good luck downunder. :scared: :scared:

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 4th 2004 at 9:44 pm.

Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:42 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

OK thanks. I'll bear all that in mind
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Been here since June, havent seen anything scary yet Though kids have Huntsmen at school quite often and they can be dinnerplate size! But not poisonous. Ive seen loads of lizards but nothing really scary - Roaches are in most houses though and they are quite Yuck and can be Stag-beetle size....
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:31 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Is he having me on?

You can get spray in a can for the individual creepies, or you can get your whole house sprayed for about $100 to keep the majority out of your house for between 3-6months. I think we have a couple of spiders in our house at the moment, after your first couple it's not such a big thing and you just live with it
Old Nov 5th 2004, 6:30 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie n family
Been here since June, havent seen anything scary yet Though kids have Huntsmen at school quite often and they can be dinnerplate size! But not poisonous. Ive seen loads of lizards but nothing really scary - Roaches are in most houses though and they are quite Yuck and can be Stag-beetle size....

Rosie

Please tell me that with the conversions that we have to do australian-wise, ie money etc goes as far as plates and that an aussie dinner plate is really the size of one of our saucers!!!

D D
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:41 am
Boop Boop De Doop

Thumbs up Re: Tell me about the Spiders

Thanks Rosie - you have put my mind at rest. I could cope with the roaches - spiders are my biggest fear! I'm sure my little boy would be fascinated to see Huntsmen at school - luckily he hasn't inherited my cowardly ways.

Lisa
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

They have eight legs and if they bite you it's highly likely you'll die.

Hope this helps.

Three Legs

Is he having me on?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:00 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Yep thanks that helps, mind you I think I would run a mile before it got a chance to bite me

Lisa
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:02 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Rosie - you have put my mind at rest. I could cope with the roaches - spiders are my biggest fear! I'm sure my little boy would be fascinated to see Huntsmen at school - luckily he hasn't inherited my cowardly ways.

Lisa
Betty he could ride to school on the back of some of the huntsmen.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:07 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

So they really are the size of dinner plates then? And there was me thinking (or hoping) that was an exageration!

Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.