televisions

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

cheshire cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Question televisions

The house is selling and we are ready to start packing certain items for shipping to Australia. Can anybody tell me if our TVs will work over there. It is only 2 years old
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:56 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: televisions

Originally posted by cheshire cat
The house is selling and we are ready to start packing certain items for shipping to Australia. Can anybody tell me if our TVs will work over there. It is only 2 years old
If i remember rightly your tv will work but without sound, you would have to buy a cheap vcr in oz to use a reciever as Oz sound is transmitted using the PAL system.Your video will only be good enough to play back your UK videos.To be certain i would do a search on this site as you will get more specific info, as this question has cropped up a few times.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:40 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Try these threads, and DON'T use a vcr as a tuner as you won't be able to watch one programme while you record another. If it's only 2 years old you should be OK as a lot of TV's are 'multi standard' now and you can change the 'standard' through the menu functions. All our TV's are 'multi standard' ones and we won't have to get them converted. Either way, you should be able to get it converted easily enough.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=161742

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=127095

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=126824

Last edited by SteveBannister; Jul 3rd 2003 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/faq.php for detailed answer.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 12:23 am
dazuk

if i were u id only bring your TV if u can bring the UK transmissions with you!!! Have you got any idea just how cheap and nasty aussie TV channels are????? Just watch all aussie survivor, blue healers or australian story and im sure youll want to throw ur TV of the harbour bridge.

(oh and ad braks every 10 minutes and what sophisticated advertising australia has!!!!)

Old Jul 4th 2003, 12:27 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dazuk
if i were u id only bring your TV if u can bring the UK transmissions with you!!! Have you got any idea just how cheap and nasty aussie TV channels are????? Just watch all aussie survivor, blue healers or australian story and im sure youll want to throw ur TV of the harbour bridge.

(oh and ad braks every 10 minutes and what sophisticated advertising australia has!!!!)
I remember walking in once and my gran-in law was watching "days of our lives". I thought that it was just somthing from friends, i had no idea it was a real soap !