Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Television and migration

Television and migration

Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:03 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough
Angry Television and migration

All of these so call "soaps" etc are fiction, I know, but they also presume to portray "real life" situations.

So why is it then, that anyone in soap land can move to Australia at the drop of a hat????

Case in question - Mrs Barlow No 1 just got a ticket and off she's gone!!!

Another one was someone in Emmerdale who just decided that's where she wanted to go and one week later she was off!!

I know some of you will say I need to get out more and stop watching trash.....but I bet alot of you do!!! ha ha

And yes - I'm jealous!! How many of us wouldn't just like to say "right I'm off....see ya"?

I can't wait for some of the replies that will be coming this way.

Enjoy

Last edited by brisbec; Nov 7th 2003 at 7:56 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:45 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Television and migration

Originally posted by brisbec
All of these so call "soaps" etc are fiction, I know, but they also presume to portray "real life" situations.

So why is it then, that anyone in soap land can move to Australia at the drop of a hat????

Case in question - Mrs Baldwin No 1 just got a ticket and off she's gone!!!

Another one was someone in Emmerdale who just decided that's where she wanted to go and one week later she was off!!

I know some of you will say I need to get out more and stop watching trash.....but I bet alot of you do!!! ha ha

And yes - I'm jealous!! How many of us wouldn't just like to say "right I'm off....see ya"?

Enjoy
Oh No!!! You just spoiled it for me. Was going to watch it on ITV 2 tonight as I missed it.

Ah well will watch Ab Fab instead.
Anything is possible in soap land, Den is proof of that, he still looks dead to me.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:49 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

You need to get out more and stop watching trash!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Television and migration

Originally posted by brisbec

Case in question - Mrs Barlow No 1 just got a ticket and off she's gone!!!

Enjoy
There's obviously a story-line yet to be unravelled, and that is that Mrs Barlow is sh***ing the guy from the AHC, and he got her a fast track visa.

This will then lead to the filming of a few episodes 'down under' as family try to track her down and release her from the clutches of the rugged Australian who stole her from them.

Anyone care to continue with what happens next?!.......
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

The GoodbyeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Unbeknown to them, the "rugged Australian" is actually a whingeing expat pom who has given up on all the local Sheilas.