Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Telephone Interviews

Telephone Interviews

Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice
Default Telephone Interviews

Has anyone had a telephone interview for a job in Aus from the UK and what was it like?

I have one at 7am on Tuesday morning for a job on the Commonwealth Games!!! :scared:
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone Interviews

Originally Posted by andrewb
Has anyone had a telephone interview for a job in Aus from the UK and what was it like?

I have one at 7am on Tuesday morning for a job on the Commonwealth Games!!! :scared:
Never had one, but hey sounds like a good job. Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:52 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! how exciting. The commonwealth games were brilliant when we hosted them in Manchester! Will have to watch them on tv in Melbourne. Good luck with your interview...don't forget to set your alarm clock!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
WOW! how exciting. The commonwealth games were brilliant when we hosted them in Manchester! Will have to watch them on tv in Melbourne. Good luck with your interview...don't forget to set your alarm clock!
Hey mrs JFW, we seem to be posting on the same subjects tonight, are you as board as I am? !!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:59 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by andrewb

I had one last year and to be honest it was much of a same as any interview Ive had here. If anything I think the Aussies are more thorough than we are here which is not a bad thing if you ask me. Expect the kind of questions you would have for any interview in the UK but its in Oz so the carrot is ten times bigger! :scared:
If you know your stuff and think you can do your job then no probs Im sure youll get it.

Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:00 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Hey mrs JFW, we seem to be posting on the same subjects tonight, are you as board as I am? !!!!

Hello there! I've got no conversation with my hubby.....he is watching tv about the walk of fame or something....thought I would come on here for a better response.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hello there! I've got no conversation with my hubby.....he is watching tv about the walk of fame or something....thought I would come on here for a better response.
ITV walk of fame? He cant be serious?
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:04 pm
Living the Dream!

sad or what?....
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:05 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you feel girls. My husband is watching football, I was cleaning the kitchen but he kept calling me to come and watch this goal
So I gave up and came on here.
Sod the kitchen, it wont be my house in 12 days time anyway
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:05 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Hi
Good luck with your interview! My hubby recently had a telephone interview and he said it was fine. No really nasty questions, they were just interested in what he had done in the past and what he could bring to the new role. He was on the phone about 45 mins and he said it was really positive. The key thing they were interested in was that he had the necessary experience to be able to do the job in Oz. I hope yours will be the same!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
I know how you feel girls. My husband is watching football, I was cleaning the kitchen but he kept calling me to come and watch this goal
Ahhh BE has a strange calming reaction to all who log on. And it also has a way of getting you to log on doesnt it. Morning, afternoon or evening, you need to check the latest posts!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:09 pm
Living the Dream!

Hi Shazza,.....hubby has just turned on the footie now! I agree with you...I think housework is highly over rated!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:10 pm
Living the Dream!

Sorry Andrew, we seem to have high jacked your thread!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:11 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh BE has a strange calming reaction to all who log on. And it also has a way of getting you to log on doesnt it. Morning, afternoon or evening, you need to check the latest posts!!!
It sure does. I spent the whole day on here Friday whilst waiting for a phone call to say that we had exchanged contracts on the house.
My house is going to be a pit by the time we move out, I would die if they asked to come round to measure up

Andrew, sorry highjacking your thread.
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the Common Wealth Games. Wishing you loads of Luck. Let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

It sure does. I spent the whole day on here Friday whilst waiting for a phone call to say that we had exchanged contracts on the house.
My house is going to be a pit by the time we move out, I would die if they asked to come round to measure up

Andrew, sorry highjacking your thread.
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the Common Wealth Games. Wishing you loads of Luck. Let us know how you get on.

Sorry for the Hijack but ITV Avenue of the Stars is much more important!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.