Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Telephone interview?

Telephone interview?

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:20 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Telephone interview?

Hi Guys,

Hubby has been offered a job,doing what hes doing at the moment.
On Wednesday morning i ran down the stairs to answer the phone at 6.30am, an ozzie guy asking to speak to my hubby,olympics back up the stairs to wake hubby

This guy who phoned was the owner of a company in Brisbane & wants my hubby to come & work for him(serious stuff!)

Anyways to cut a long story short hubby was sent a quiz on his profession(email) returned it yesterday & a telephone interview has been set up for 7am on Monday morning :scared:

Hubby is absolutely kackin himself he,s been with the same company since he left school (17yrs) & having an interview after all this time has got him worried,i thought having a phone interview would have made things easier but he says he would prefer face to face,not usually stuck for words my hubby so even im surprised!

Has anyone else had to do a telephone interview? how did it go? hubby was told it would take about 45mins-1hr seems a long time,what do you folk think?

Any reassurance for hubby would be a great help.

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephone interview?

Hi Donna

Can`t help with the telephone interview, but I hope it does all work out!!

Good luck

Sue x
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:59 pm
Cheeky

Hi Donna and Malc!

I cant offer you any advice but all I can say is this......

Malc, take confidence from the fact you have worked for the same company since you left school. This is commendable and Im sure they will be impressed by this alone, it shows you are loyal. You have to think they want you and your skills, not the other way round. Take your time and if you dont understand anything just get them to repeat it. If it takes an hour that is good as that way you know its not rushed. You will be fine!

Good luck!! Go and get it, its got your name all over it!!

Cheeky
xx

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:08 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue & Cheeky

I cant imagine how my hubbys feeling,just a bit scary all of this but a nice excited kinda scary i know he,ll do well,

Worst bit will be havin to get outa bed without waking our youngest& then trying to keep her quiet

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hiya, Tell hubby he will OK and not to worry he knows his job/trade back to front and inside out he has been doing for a long time fingers crossed for him best wishes Love ireland
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Guys,

On Wednesday morning i ran down the stairs to answer the phone at 6.30am, an ozzie guy asking to speak to my hubby,olympics back up the stairs to wake hubby

This guy who phoned was the owner of a company in Brisbane & wants my hubby to come & work for him(serious stuff!)

Anyways to cut a long story short hubby was sent a quiz on his profession(email) returned it yesterday & a telephone interview has been set up for 7am on Monday morning :scared:

Hubby is absolutely kackin himself he,s been with the same company since he left school (17yrs) & having an interview after all this time has got him worried,i thought having a phone interview would have made things easier but he says he would prefer face to face,not usually stuck for words my hubby so even im surprised!

Has anyone else had to do a telephone interview? how did it go? hubby was told it would take about 45mins-1hr seems a long time,what do you folk think?

Donna.
I've had several recently. They went ok, the longest one was about 40 minutes. I stayed in bed for both of them (before 7am). I don't think it's the best way to conduct an interview as it's quite hard to get technical points across.

Good luck.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

Donna.
Congrats Donna!

My parner did same (several times) and it was actually quite cool, but more like 2 PLUS hours on the 'phone each time. Tell hubby not to stress and to get some decent sleep before the interview so he's not all muggy headed during. The ozzies will put him at ease straight off, they're very laid back and my partner (who is often at loss for words) enjoyed the experience in the end. Just listen carefully as the ozzie accent sometimes gets you and you don't want to be going "Excuse me?" all of the time.

Best of luck and some Karma to help.

Last edited by G'Day; Dec 3rd 2004 at 10:25 pm. Reason: Can't spell
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:24 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys

Rich hasn't exactly had an interview but we have registered his nursking skills with a couple of agencies over in Brisbane. Well we were in bed one night and the phone goes at the ungodly hour of about 2am. Yes you've guessed it I panicked cos nobody rings at that time. :scared: I just said hello really quick only to be woken up by an Ozzy lady asking to speak to Rich. I then had to more or less push him awake and he then sat up in bed and put his posh voice on within 2 minutes. He was on the phone for about 3/4 hour just going through his experience and what our plans were. It was more of a shock really. You can do an interview in just your pants cos they cant see you ....great.

Don't worry the jobs in the bag and like cheeky says it has your name all over it. Good Luck for Monday and just enjoy it. Let us know how you get on Malc wont you.

Take care
Ang & Rich
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've had several recently. They went ok, the longest one was about 40 minutes. I stayed in bed for both of them (before 7am). I don't think it's the best way to conduct an interview as it's quite hard to get technical points across.

Good luck.

Hubby completely agrees,results prove hubby is good at his job,he would even rather go & meet face to face once we get there & work on a trial to prove himself,he is the youngest sales manager in his field(in Scotland) so he definately knows his trade.
Whilst he is good on the telephone,just doesnt know what to expect.

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I had a telephone interview about a month ago. I was a bit nervous too but I thought "what have I got to lose?". I did the whole thing really confidently, gave an answer to everything and gave a lot of detail on every question. It was a fairly basic interview and took about 30 mins. I then had a proper interview in Brisbane but sadly they wanted someone to start before I could possibly get there

Anyway, if hubby has been in the same job so long, he can certainly show loyalty, etc. Hope it goes well anyway.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hey guys

Rich hasn't exactly had an interview but we have registered his nursking skills with a couple of agencies over in Brisbane. Well we were in bed one night and the phone goes at the ungodly hour of about 2am. Yes you've guessed it I panicked cos nobody rings at that time. :scared: I just said hello really quick only to be woken up by an Ozzy lady asking to speak to Rich. I then had to more or less push him awake and he then sat up in bed and put his posh voice on within 2 minutes. He was on the phone for about 3/4 hour just going through his experience and what our plans were. It was more of a shock really. You can do an interview in just your pants cos they cant see you ....great.

Don't worry the jobs in the bag and like cheeky says it has your name all over it. Good Luck for Monday and just enjoy it. Let us know how you get on Malc wont you.

Take care
Ang & Rich

Depends whos pants your in? !!!!!

Donna
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
I had a telephone interview about a month ago. I was a bit nervous too but I thought "what have I got to lose?". I did the whole thing really confidently, gave an answer to everything and gave a lot of detail on every question. It was a fairly basic interview and took about 30 mins. I then had a proper interview in Brisbane but sadly they wanted someone to start before I could possibly get there

Anyway, if hubby has been in the same job so long, he can certainly show loyalty, etc. Hope it goes well anyway.

Cheers Wmoore x

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:48 pm
Cheeky

Steady on Donna!!

If it helps him 'relax' let him!!

Although (I have to say! ) I wouldnt be best pleased if my hubby could fit into my......errrr.....pants!!!!!!!LOL! But lets not go there!!!

Cheeky

Depends whos pants your in? !!!!!

Donna

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Steady on Donna!!

If it helps him 'relax' let him!!

Although (I have to say! ) I wouldnt be best pleased if my hubby could fit into my......errrr.....pants!!!!!!!LOL! But lets not go there!!!

Cheeky

Hey!! Have you seen ma hubbys photo? one thigh widnae fit through ma threads !!

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 10:55 pm
Cheeky

Phew!!

Cheeky
PS wheres the pic????

Hey!! Have you seen ma hubbys photo? one thigh widnae fit through ma threads !!

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.