Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

telephone interview

telephone interview

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:48 pm
WBB

Default telephone interview

i have been looking at the aussie timeline site and noticed that some people have an interview over the phone before a visa is issued, as we are awaiting a responce from AHC we may get a phonecall, has anyone had an one and if so what did they want to know?

every time the phone rings here now we are putting on our best "hello" telephone voice only to find it is somebody calling from a call centre in india trying to flog us insurance.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:59 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on in there WBB, it cant be long now, fingers crossed for you
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

God, hope no-one phones us at home....kids too lazy too get off their ars.s .......then when they do they scream `told you it would be for you`, blasting the ear drums of the person on the other end......
teenagers yuk used to be such pretty angelic little boys
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telephone interview

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i have been looking at the aussie timeline site and noticed that some people have an interview over the phone before a visa is issued, as we are awaiting a responce from AHC we may get a phonecall, has anyone had an one and if so what did they want to know?

every time the phone rings here now we are putting on our best "hello" telephone voice only to find it is somebody calling from a call centre in india trying to flog us insurance.

I think it's usually just to confirm details on some matter or other, nothing completely serious (after all, how would they know it's you, if you see what I mean). Didn't AnthonyKirby have one of these? Someone did - they just had to confirm something on the form, then were told that they had received the visa there and then.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telephone interview

Originally posted by bundy
I think it's usually just to confirm details on some matter or other, nothing completely serious (after all, how would they know it's you, if you see what I mean). Didn't AnthonyKirby have one of these? Someone did - they just had to confirm something on the form, then were told that they had received the visa there and then.
I believe they regularly visit British Expats before making their phone calls billy so I hope you didn't tell them your username. No seriously, won't be a problem mate, hang in you'll get there, the finishing line is in sight. You too bundy - another pep talk!

OzTennis