Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Telecommunication Engineers in Perth???

Telecommunication Engineers in Perth???

Old Aug 18th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Telecommunication Engineers in Perth???

Hi Everyone...

Well....you won't have seen may posts from me, i've been reading posts for a while, but haven't posted many - to be honest, this site is so damn good, most of the advice i wanted has already been given to others!!

My boyfriend an I are moving to Perth in Oct/Nov this year - like most of you we're waiting for the crappy housing market to pick up so we can make the move!!!

My boyfriend is a telecommunications engineer (my description of his job to friends is: "he climbs pylons and mounts dishes for mobile phones on them - and he does a lot of work with the radio equipment beneath the towers!!!" - to be honest, i'm not sure if i'll ever know what he really does!!!)

Anyway, we're struggling to find any websites, companies, etc that might be offering work in Perth at the mo! We've tried the standard jobsites for Oz but only found the odd one!!

Just thought somebody might be able to help???

Thanks in advance...
Michelle (& Allan - he's up a tower somwehere!!!)
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:27 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telecommunication Engineers in Perth???

Originally Posted by mish & al
Hi Everyone...

Well....you won't have seen may posts from me, i've been reading posts for a while, but haven't posted many - to be honest, this site is so damn good, most of the advice i wanted has already been given to others!!

My boyfriend an I are moving to Perth in Oct/Nov this year - like most of you we're waiting for the crappy housing market to pick up so we can make the move!!!

My boyfriend is a telecommunications engineer (my description of his job to friends is: "he climbs pylons and mounts dishes for mobile phones on them - and he does a lot of work with the radio equipment beneath the towers!!!" - to be honest, i'm not sure if i'll ever know what he really does!!!)

Anyway, we're struggling to find any websites, companies, etc that might be offering work in Perth at the mo! We've tried the standard jobsites for Oz but only found the odd one!!

Just thought somebody might be able to help???

Thanks in advance...
Michelle (& Allan - he's up a tower somwehere!!!)
Sorry im not going to be much help but you could try contacting Telstra and see if they can point you in the right direction.
Your probably already aware of seek.com.au which is the main job search website.
Also The West Australian newspaper might be worth checking out.
I think its www.thewest.com.au

Good luck
Steve
Old Aug 19th 2005, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

My friends hubby is a telstra engineer - he worked for BT back in UK, they are heading back at the end of the year so his job will be on the go He had to do a few exams to be able to work here. He started off with a company called ABB which are a huge company here with loads of different avenues. He mainly fits foxtel and internet stuff now and to be honest he doesn't like the work much, all that creeping around in dusty attic spaces I think!!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your help guys.... it's always a tricky occupation to look up!!
We'll definitely try your suggestions! Other than that i think we'll have to get there and make contacts!!!

Thanka again