Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

telecom tra help please

telecom tra help please

Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

STREAKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default telecom tra help please

hi,i,m openreach cal omi engineer(bt) 7 years,i.ve just sent tra off at end of last month but i,m sorry to say after doing a bit of homework on this site, have not sent anywhere near as much info that is req and will be expecting it to come back negative or more info req ,only sent training courses ,copy of employment and daily duties,does anyone have any info or copys of their tra that may be of any use, ,i know what your thinking but i am only cal,thanks
Old Jan 10th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: telecom tra help please

Originally Posted by STREAKY
hi,i,m openreach cal omi engineer(bt) 7 years,i.ve just sent tra off at end of last month but i,m sorry to say after doing a bit of homework on this site, have not sent anywhere near as much info that is req and will be expecting it to come back negative or more info req ,only sent training courses ,copy of employment and daily duties,does anyone have any info or copys of their tra that may be of any use, ,i know what your thinking but i am only cal,thanks
Your daily duties etc should be fine but you need to send references and where you cannot, then send declaration statements that you can't.

I got told to put generic words rather than product specific on everything. Mine was basically my CV padded out a bit and simplified.

Maybe if you contact them to ask if you should have sent refs etc then they might let you 'add' them rather than just refusing you and then you lose the money (and time).

Good luck.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Hi Streaky

I have some reference templates sent to me by a kind member of another forum. If you PM me your email I will TRY and forward them on to you.

See your in the same area as us. We are only at the begining trying to get together all info for TRA. Hubby is electrician.

Jan
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Your daily duties etc should be fine but you need to send references and where you cannot, then send declaration statements that you can't.

I got told to put generic words rather than product specific on everything. Mine was basically my CV padded out a bit and simplified.

Maybe if you contact them to ask if you should have sent refs etc then they might let you 'add' them rather than just refusing you and then you lose the money (and time).

Good luck.
cheers for info
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:12 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by STREAKY
cheers for info
we sent references in from ex work and new work...we even put in colleague references.

listed tools used and how often.

i am not sure what you could really do, you could maybe try emailing them and ask for some advice.

Failing that mate you will have to suck it and see what they come uo with.

PM me for some more info if you like mate, i passed as a toolmaker and we put in 130+ pages .

hope it works out for you.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
we sent references in from ex work and new work...we even put in colleague references.

listed tools used and how often.

i am not sure what you could really do, you could maybe try emailing them and ask for some advice.

Failing that mate you will have to suck it and see what they come uo with.

PM me for some more info if you like mate, i passed as a toolmaker and we put in 130+ pages .

hope it works out for you.

130 pages YIKES!!!

Mine was about 8!

I couldnt muster 30 pages on myself, I obviously aint done owt yet!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:04 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleb2003
130 pages YIKES!!!

Mine was about 8!

I couldnt muster 30 pages on myself, I obviously aint done owt yet!
Thats including references from work ex work etc etc.

Did you pass?

I didnt go into as much detail as i thought i might have to mind as long as you have ther right info you may be ok.

the big thing is experience and training time.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all the help and advice and i,ll keep you posted ,cheers