Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TEFL teachers anyone.....?

TEFL teachers anyone.....?

Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:43 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default TEFL teachers anyone.....?

Just a quickie thinking of getting into TEFL teaching when we get to oz, cos i`ll get school holidays off with the kids and we wont have to pay for someone to look after them,

does anybody know weather TEFL teachers are sort after out there, for anybody who doesnt know it stands for "teaching english as a foreign langauge"

Hoops (Mrs)
Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TEFL teachers anyone.....?

Originally Posted by hoops
Just a quickie thinking of getting into TEFL teaching when we get to oz, cos i`ll get school holidays off with the kids and we wont have to pay for someone to look after them,

does anybody know weather TEFL teachers are sort after out there, for anybody who doesnt know it stands for "teaching english as a foreign langauge"

Hoops (Mrs)
I think its been discussed before, most people who study it here do so to work in japan or asia, where in OZ are you planning to go, many parts would have no call for it at all, might be jobs in melbourne or sydney? they seem to attract the more ethnic immigrants. Does australia not require them to speak english tho? I dont know the answer to that might be the key to how much work there would be tho.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Hoops (Mrs)
have to say teaching with fully qualified status is proving to be a challenge!
let alone TEFL
Tara
Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:29 pm
Insomniac

That's *whether and *sought, as well as two missing apostrophes (won't and doesn't), a colon (after "quickie"), a capitalised "Oz" and "Does", cos being "'cause" or at worst, "'cos", and a question mark at the end of your final sentence.

Don't tell me, you knew all that but were in a hurry, so couldn't be bothered to write it properly. Would you accept that from your TEFL students?

Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:37 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Yes, I teach it on a part-time, voluntary, one-to-one basis, through an organisation called ReadWriteNow.
All Tecnhical and Further Education colleges in WA have courses, using the IELTS system and anyone teaching it requires at least a Dip.Ed.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:22 am
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Insomniac
That's *whether and *sought, as well as two missing apostrophes (won't and doesn't), a colon (after "quickie"), a capitalised "Oz" and "Does", cos being "'cause" or at worst, "'cos", and a question mark at the end of your final sentence.

Don't tell me, you knew all that but were in a hurry, so couldn't be bothered to write it properly. Would you accept that from your TEFL students?
actaully it was steve hoops that wrote it cos hoops (Mrs) couldn`t be bothered, to do it

steve
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:02 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

Thanks to everyone for their reply - I think I need to look at this further before I decide what to do.

Hoops (Mrs)
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: TEFL teachers anyone.....?

Hoops (Mrs)
It's pretty big in Australia, where it's called ESL (English as a Second Language.)

I don't know about specific levels of demand, but you should be fine; it's the sort of thing that Adult Ed colleges are always looking for.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:23 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It's pretty big in Australia, where it's called ESL (English as a Second Language.)

I don't know about specific levels of demand, but you should be fine; it's the sort of thing that Adult Ed colleges are always looking for.
Thanks again

Hoops (mrs)