Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TEFL in Brisbane

TEFL in Brisbane

Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:14 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default TEFL in Brisbane

Does anyone know what sort of opportunities there are to teach it in Brisbane and what qualifications you need?

Ta.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:24 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: TEFL in Brisbane

Originally posted by diddy
Does anyone know what sort of opportunities there are to teach it in Brisbane and what qualifications you need?

Ta.
Is it TEFL you want to do specifically? When you look on the TEFL website it doesnt actually have a link to Australia. Have you tried contacting the TAFE colleges, as I would imagine this is where a lot of this sort of teaching would happen.

I'll ask around though if noone else has any better ideas, see if my friends there know anyone that does this.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by diddy

Ta.
My sister teaches EFL at a TAFE in Vic. She doesn't have a Dip. TEFL but she did have to do some certifications (she borrowed my TEFL stuff to do it). She lives in a rural farming community where a lot of farm workers are immigrants from SE Asia/Afghanistan/Pacific Islands, etc. I don't know what nationalities of farm labour they use in Qld but if anything like Vic, there would be a lot of non-English speakers.

I'll check out what quals she had to do in the first instance & drop you a line.

Beest of luck
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:52 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
My sister teaches EFL at a TAFE in Vic. She doesn't have a Dip. TEFL but she did have to do some certifications (she borrowed my TEFL stuff to do it). She lives in a rural farming community where a lot of farm workers are immigrants from SE Asia/Afghanistan/Pacific Islands, etc. I don't know what nationalities of farm labour they use in Qld but if anything like Vic, there would be a lot of non-English speakers.

I'll check out what quals she had to do in the first instance & drop you a line.

Beest of luck
I've just enrolled myself on th TEFL course for the end of July, Hoping I can use it on Australia but if not it will be fun anyway.

Can you please let me know how your sister is goin on it and if she needed to get more qualifications over there

Cheers
KAla
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw

Beest of luck
Ears pricked up at this....:-))
HP did your sister go to oz as a tefl teacher? did she need a degree to teach in a TAFE?
Hx