Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teenagers, I need HELP,Heading to Perth

Teenagers, I need HELP,Heading to Perth

Old Jul 4th 2005, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Teenagers, I need HELP,Heading to Perth

I live in Ireland and there is nothing for the teenagers to do here , no facilities at all. As a consequence my eldest was telling me all they do is hang around the beach and drink. Thankfully, she is not into that type of thing , but has admitted to feeling very left out when out with friends because of her values. I was wondering if there is that type of situation in Perth and what do most teenagers do in their spare time. I realise that every child is different, but it would just give me some idea of what to expect. Can Teenagers of 16 get their hands on drink over there? I think it is a big problem over here that they can. One reason I am looking at getting out.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Teenagers, I need HELP,Heading to Perth

Just doing this to get it back to the top so that somebody might reply. Please somebody reply.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:55 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all
Default Re: Teenagers, I need HELP,Heading to Perth

we're talking a good 15 years ago here and i can only speak for myself but....yes, I was able to get booze and drugs if I so wished when I was a teenager.

I think like in any place it depends on the kids and the company they keep. of course they can get drink/drugs etc in Perth just like they can get their hands on it where you are now if they are so inclined. I never came into contact with any class A drugs and admittedly some of my drinking expereinces were from nicking some beer off my dad or getting older kids to buy the booze for us so it wasn't overly easy as such....it was relaticely difficult to buy under-age booze as a 14/15 year old but easier as a 17 year-old with a car (I used to go through drive-through bottleshops).

Some areas have teenagers congregating around car parks etc but then others don't. I wasn't a "car park" kinda gal and most Saturday nights were spent with my friends and/or family going out for meals, to the cinema, houseparties, 10 pin bowling, ice-skating, watching videos.... that kind of thing. We had a pretty big house though and it was entirely possible to have friends over and be inside without disturbing the "grown ups". Of course someone else would be able to give you a much better idea of what it's like today!

Michelle