Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teenage Leaving Parties

Teenage Leaving Parties

Old Jan 7th 2006, 2:39 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teenage Leaving Parties

I posted this in The Barbie forum by mistake so thought I'd copy it into here for some help.

I need your pearls of wisdom please.
My 3 kids have decided they want parties to say goodbye to their mates before we leave in August.
My youngest daughter (14) is quite happy to go to Nando's (or similar) with a few friends so no real problem there.
But the fun starts with the other two kids.
My eldest daughter who'll be 17 by then would like to invite around 30 people and my son who'll be 16 wants around 75
The parties would have to be seperate as all these kids are in the same school and not all of them get on.
The trouble is, I don't know all these kids and am worried about the fact that they'd want to drink (They'll be aged between 15 and 18). I'm no prude and occasionally let my kids have a couple of drinks at parties, but consider myself a responsible adult (Debatable ).
I've said that we would provide enough drink for 1 or 2 each, but they'll probably sneak more in themselves.
So what do I do?
Obviously the parties would be supervised by us, but we're no match for 100+ teenagers who've had too many beers.
Also, hopefully we'll have sold our house by then so can't have the parties here. I'm worried that if we have them in a hall, that any damage would be up to me.
So any ideas please.
Have any of you with teenage kids gone through this and can give me a few tips.
I don't want to spoil their fun, but I'm starting to worry about it.
Thanks.
Julie.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Cool Re: Teenage Leaving Parties

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
I posted this in The Barbie forum by mistake so thought I'd copy it into here for some help.

I need your pearls of wisdom please.
My 3 kids have decided they want parties to say goodbye to their mates before we leave in August.
My youngest daughter (14) is quite happy to go to Nando's (or similar) with a few friends so no real problem there.
But the fun starts with the other two kids.
My eldest daughter who'll be 17 by then would like to invite around 30 people and my son who'll be 16 wants around 75
The parties would have to be seperate as all these kids are in the same school and not all of them get on.
The trouble is, I don't know all these kids and am worried about the fact that they'd want to drink (They'll be aged between 15 and 18). I'm no prude and occasionally let my kids have a couple of drinks at parties, but consider myself a responsible adult (Debatable ).
I've said that we would provide enough drink for 1 or 2 each, but they'll probably sneak more in themselves.
So what do I do?
Obviously the parties would be supervised by us, but we're no match for 100+ teenagers who've had too many beers.
Also, hopefully we'll have sold our house by then so can't have the parties here. I'm worried that if we have them in a hall, that any damage would be up to me.
So any ideas please.
Have any of you with teenage kids gone through this and can give me a few tips.
I don't want to spoil their fun, but I'm starting to worry about it.
Thanks.
Julie.
we to are moving to aus and have a 16 year old and a17 year old cant say from experience but my edvice would be book a venue and let sombody else worry about the drinking so you can enjoy it to your right to be worried about teenagers drinking i wouldent get envolved just make sure you and your family have a great night. hope this helps and good luck to you all
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:26 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenage Leaving Parties

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
we to are moving to aus and have a 16 year old and a17 year old cant say from experience but my edvice would be book a venue and let sombody else worry about the drinking so you can enjoy it to your right to be worried about teenagers drinking i wouldent get envolved just make sure you and your family have a great night. hope this helps and good luck to you all
Thanks for replying Sean, but these parties are just for the kids so I will need to be involved. Ours will be at another time and adults only (apart from my kids). I really don't mind them having the odd drink, but you know what teens are like. Peer pressure etc
Good Luck with your move. When do you hope to leave?
Julie.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Thanks for replying Sean, but these parties are just for the kids so I will need to be involved. Ours will be at another time and adults only (apart from my kids). I really don't mind them having the odd drink, but you know what teens are like. Peer pressure etc
Good Luck with your move. When do you hope to leave?
Julie.
hopeing to arrive on the gold coast in july we cant wait have you got your visa yet we are still waiting but i dont think it's going to cause us to many problems
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:34 pm
Chocoholic

hopeing to arrive on the gold coast in july we cant wait have you got your visa yet we are still waiting but i dont think it's going to cause us to many problems
Should have the visa in May hopefully and Gold Coast bound too
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Should have the visa in May hopefully and Gold Coast bound too
when are you hoping to leave for the goldy then maybee we could meet for a drink or a bbq on the beach
Old Jan 7th 2006, 4:10 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi Julie

Well for whats its worth this was my experience

I have a 15 yr old and an 17 year old, they booked a leaving party together at the local sports centre. They had 250 friends at this party, the sports centre'e policy was for 250 kids 3 bouncers had to be employed plus two responsible adults had to be available on the night.

alcohol was only served to kids with id. Yes there is the problem of the older kids with id buying drink for the younger ones, but to be honest the bouncers were pretty much on the ball with watching what the kids drank and hubby and friend were also keeping a careful eye. All in all the party went well with no trouble.

Yes I was very worried but if you book the right venue you can get around it.

Hope this helps and good luck

Julia
Old Jan 7th 2006, 4:55 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Springo
Hi Julie

Well for whats its worth this was my experience

I have a 15 yr old and an 17 year old, they booked a leaving party together at the local sports centre. They had 250 friends at this party, the sports centre'e policy was for 250 kids 3 bouncers had to be employed plus two responsible adults had to be available on the night.

alcohol was only served to kids with id. Yes there is the problem of the older kids with id buying drink for the younger ones, but to be honest the bouncers were pretty much on the ball with watching what the kids drank and hubby and friend were also keeping a careful eye. All in all the party went well with no trouble.

Yes I was very worried but if you book the right venue you can get around it.

Hope this helps and good luck

Julia
Thanks Julia,
Was the sports centre licensed or did you bring your own drink?
Glad your party went well.
Julie.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 4:57 pm
Chocoholic

when are you hoping to leave for the goldy then maybee we could meet for a drink or a bbq on the beach
Hi Sean,
We're leaving here hopefully at the end of August.
A drink and a barbie would be great.
Look forward to it.
Julie.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:09 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

how about asking your local farmer to higher one of his fields. you could just them all just go for it without worrying about anything getting trashed. at that time of year there shouldn't e to many problems with the weather.

go on let them have a few .
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:18 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by sparks124
how about asking your local farmer to higher one of his fields. you could just them all just go for it without worrying about anything getting trashed. at that time of year there shouldn't e to many problems with the weather.

go on let them have a few .
My son has just read this post and has decided he likes you 'cos you don't mind him having a few beers.

Wanna come to a party?
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:27 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

My son has just read this post and has decided he likes you 'cos you don't mind him having a few beers.

Wanna come to a party?
never say no to a lady when she asks you out
can't say much else really that would make me a hypocrite as my first drink was well before my 18th birthday. however i always knew how to control it. the thought of that number of kids getting p****d up in my house would some what concern me too :scared: :scared: .

good luck and turn up the tunes.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:30 pm
Chocoholic

never say no to a lady when she asks you out
can't say much else really that would make me a hypocrite as my first drink was well before my 18th birthday. however i always knew how to control it. the thought of that number of kids getting p****d up in my house would some what concern me too :scared: :scared: .

good luck and turn up the tunes.
Hey, maybe I could play all the old 70's/80's songs.
Then they wouldn't stay long.
Sorted
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:38 pm
s**t rolls down hill

Hey, maybe I could play all the old 70's/80's songs.
Then they wouldn't stay long.
Sorted
80's classics from my childhood. count me in to get p****d. haven't spent the night i a field for a long time . god that's making me feel old . still the beer will pick me up I'm sure .
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:42 pm
Chocoholic

80's classics from my childhood. count me in to get p****d. haven't spent the night i a field for a long time . god that's making me feel old . still the beer will pick me up I'm sure .
Actually, I reckon you'd be a bad influence on all these little angels
I'm having second thoughts on inviting you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.