p4r4r4t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teenage Crime

Hi,

I am really disturbed to read this kind of news in http://www.theage.com.au

The article:
(Stabbings add to rail safety fears)
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...017103080.html

and
(Grieving teens mourn at an urban graveyard)
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...017103077.html

is about teenage gets killed in a brawl. And it was noted that the railway station is a place where teenagers are used to hang around drinking, taking drugs, etc. etc.

And there was even a 13 years old girl who used to hang around, drinking, in this kind of place.

I believe this is every parent nightmare! It's hell on earth.

Paris :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenage Crime

Originally posted by p4r4r4t
Hi,

I am really disturbed to read this kind of news in http://www.theage.com.au

The article:
(Stabbings add to rail safety fears)
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...017103080.html

and
(Grieving teens mourn at an urban graveyard)
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...017103077.html

is about teenage gets killed in a brawl. And it was noted that the railway station is a place where teenagers are used to hang around drinking, taking drugs, etc. etc.

And there was even a 13 years old girl who used to hang around, drinking, in this kind of place.

I believe this is every parent nightmare! It's hell on earth.

Paris :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Nice first post!
Did you just discover this forum?

Where are you from?
Heading for Melbourne?
Better stay away from those suburbs then!
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:17 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

just because its australia doesnt mean it doesnt happen. start getting realistic now or you may end up beign severely disappointed when you get there.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Simone82
Nice first post!
Did you just discover this forum?

Where are you from?
Heading for Melbourne?
Better stay away from those suburbs then!

I stay temporarily in Singapore and I am from Japan. That kind of situation is unheard of in Singapore and rare in Japan. I am half british, half japanese.

Singapore is very near to Indonesia. Even in Jakarta (Indonesia) which I visited several times, this kind of teenage crime is not that bad.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
just because its australia doesnt mean it doesnt happen. start getting realistic now or you may end up beign severely disappointed when you get there.
How is in the UK. I am born in Japan.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an interesting table

It tries to make valid comparisons about victims of crime in different countries.

Comparing England+Wales with Oz (1991) - generally crimes concerning 'things' (eg cars) are higher in England+Wales.

But assaults on people - especially sexual offences - are higher in Oz

Last edited by MikeStanton; Apr 6th 2004 at 9:39 am.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

How is in the UK. I am born in Japan.

Plenty of teenage crime here in London....I'm pretty sure we must have invented it here
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I stay temporarily in Singapore and I am from Japan. That kind of situation is unheard of in Singapore and rare in Japan. I am half british, half japanese.

Singapore is very near to Indonesia. Even in Jakarta (Indonesia) which I visited several times, this kind of teenage crime is not that bad.
Ah, yes, well......

I'm moving from a country town in the Netherlands, with hardly know crime, to big city Perth. This will of course be a big difference (more crime etc), but because I've been there before I know it's not like these are such common things. You have some suburbs that are worse etc etc.
I'll have to wait till I get there to see how bad it really is!

As I said in the other thread, I don't think there will be very big differences between big western cities (especially now with globabisation).

If you're think of moving to Oz, I suggest you have a good visit, investigation trip.
Don't only drive around, but also use the trains, busses. etc etc.
Read the newspapers, talk to people.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:04 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

good advice simone.