British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Teen stabbed by Pommies at Mullaloo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/teen-stabbed-pommies-mullaloo-412428/)

mbike Dec 7th 2006 2:52 pm

Re: Teen stabbed by Pommies at Mullaloo

Originally Posted by renth
I've never liked Mullaloo, always thought it was a bit rough.

"A 19-year-old man went from celebrating his birthday with a few friends at Mullaloo Beach Park on Wednesday evening to using first aid skills to save the life of a mate stabbed in a brawl."

..."Things got nasty when three of the men, believed to be in their 20s with English accents, approached the youngsters about 10 minutes later."

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=15867

Oh dear,

Next week the aussies will organise a rally at Mullaloo to claim back the beach from the poms. Things will get out of hand and a few poms will be bashed. Later in the evening car loads of brits will drive up from Rockingham and trash Mullaloo, Hilaries and Sorrento. Police will arrest lots of aussies but let the brits off for fear of inflamming racial tension, which will infact have the opposite effect.

Vash the Stampede Dec 7th 2006 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by renth
I've never liked Mullaloo, always thought it was a bit rough.

"A 19-year-old man went from celebrating his birthday with a few friends at Mullaloo Beach Park on Wednesday evening to using first aid skills to save the life of a mate stabbed in a brawl."

..."Things got nasty when three of the men, believed to be in their 20s with English accents, approached the youngsters about 10 minutes later."

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=15867

Absolutely disgusting. These ******** should be deported to the UK, where they belong. :mad:

We don't have an equivalent of Britain's football yob culture, and that's how it should stay.

Amazulu Dec 7th 2006 3:18 pm

It does not matter wheo commits crime. It is all wrong & should be punished accordingly. Surprisingly, most of the crime committed in Australia, is committed by Australians.

mbike Dec 7th 2006 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It does not matter wheo commits crime. It is all wrong & should be punished accordingly. Surprisingly, most of the crime committed in Australia, is committed by Australians.

Also in the news - this time in Cott

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...0-1245,00.html

I blame it on daylight saving

Amazulu Dec 7th 2006 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by mbike
Also in the news - this time in Cott

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...0-1245,00.html

I blame it on daylight saving

How many northern suburb, pommie yobbos were involved?
:)

Plug Dec 7th 2006 4:19 pm

Here's another version - no mention of poms though.......perhaps being polite!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...rom=public_rss

movetoperth Dec 7th 2006 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
my aussie friends are convinced that the increase in antisocial behaviour in the northern suburbs is down to the increased number of football shirt wearing, tattoo covered blokes from England :rolleyes:

Funny, thats something I've heard a lot recently too, i do think that peoples opinions of british migrants is changing and not for the better :(

Lynn

movetoperth Dec 7th 2006 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I think grown men in England tops make them look yobbish, even if there not!

I think thats the impression that many people get, look at the ads in the run up to the ashes, like the one on the bus, the barmy army were (IMO) portrayed as being england shirt wearing yobs, which makes me think that is the opinion that many people have of English people.

Lynn

mbike Dec 7th 2006 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by movetoperth
I think thats the impression that many people get, look at the ads in the run up to the ashes, like the one on the bus, the barmy army were (IMO) portrayed as being england shirt wearing yobs, which makes me think that is the opinion that many people have of English people.

Lynn

imo anyone wearing an england shirt overseas is making a very strong statement about their national identity in a country in which they are a guest. The boundary between "very strong" and "aggressive" is thin at best. This is fine for football matches etc where clan identity is relevant but I m amazed when I see people walking around Coles etc. I find myself thinking, "if you love your country that much what are you doing here?". God knows what the Aussies think.

Mark

The Bloke Dec 7th 2006 7:40 pm

imo anyone wearing an england shirt overseas is making a very strong statement about their national identity in a country in which they are a guest. The boundary between "very strong" and "aggressive" is thin at best. This is fine for football matches etc where clan identity is relevant but I m amazed when I see people walking around Coles etc. I find myself thinking, "if you love your country that much what are you doing here?". God knows what the Aussies think.

Mark

Ok, all England supporters to be deported back to England, all Australian supporters deported back to Australia, all Brazilian supporters back to Brazil and so on, and so on, and so on..........
FFS, it isn't the shirt that makes the yobbo, it's the moron that wears it.
What next, ban all supporter apparel? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kath & Graham Dec 7th 2006 8:14 pm

you should be round Currambine Shops at night I think all those burberry cap wearers are down there!! loads of english spotty teenagers doing the usual "hang round the shops late at night thing" ....Looks like NOR is becoming very much "Little Britain" (and not in the funny sense) :(

shade8 Dec 7th 2006 8:20 pm

There was a reason I left the UK 8 years ago looks like all have followed and now bringing life from the UK into our lives here and again spoil another country.

Amazulu Dec 8th 2006 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
you should be round Currambine Shops at night I think all those burberry cap wearers are down there!! loads of english spotty teenagers doing the usual "hang round the shops late at night thing" ....Looks like NOR is becoming very much "Little Britain" (and not in the funny sense) :(

Another reason why the northern suburbs are shite & another reason not to move there.:)

jad n rich Dec 8th 2006 7:27 am

Assuming this article is correct, why do poms move out here congregate in one area and then stick together so much. People spend so much time moaning about crap Uk, right if thats their opinion move but why then come out here and create little england areas.

It is beginning to happen here too, one school here had over 100 famililes enrol in one school year, most were english. I have read on this forum, polish immigrants surge to certan areas and stretch resources, well then its only fair to say its happening in OZ too.

Incredible more and more surge to the same old bits when the much touted phrases on here are how much space australia has and how great australians are.

elmtree Dec 8th 2006 8:28 am

Mark

On our recce this year we were having a nice family picnic at Mindarie Keys with some very decent ex-pats. Lovely spot, lovely weather, lovely company.

Until .... a bunch of yobbos - adults and children - turned up, about 50 yards from us. They had music blaring, and their kids were throwing stones at a metal sign in the shallow water, making a loud noise. They did this for ages and not one of the adults stopped them. In fact one even joined in. ( and no, we didn't go over and politely ask them to turn the music down or ask them to ask their kids to stop throwing stones as I think their replies would have been exactly as we expected them to be; probably something along the lines of "What's your f***ing problem ? F**k off or you'll get a slap."

Of course, they were Brits. All the males had footie shirts on.

Not saying all Brits, or all wearers of footie shirts are yobs, of course, but we found them to be yobbish and selfish. I'm sure all the Aussies there thought the same as well.

I know it's wrong, but a lot of people DO form generalised opinions of 'groups', whether it be races, nationalities, religions, etc. We did when we saw them arrive near us - and we were right.