teddy bears

Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:41 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy teddy bears

hiya all
this might sound stupid but i like my bears and my daughter collects winnie the pooh teddys can we take them with us when we go to oz
we will be mortified if we cant

jan & saz xx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: teddy bears

Originally Posted by robos
hiya all
this might sound stupid but i like my bears and my daughter collects winnie the pooh teddys can we take them with us when we go to oz
we will be mortified if we cant

jan & saz xx
Of course she can. The only proviso is if they are stuffed with anything like beans or wheat, in which case she can't. But the stuffing is usually synthetic.

The quarrantine people cut open my daughter's favourite toy to see if it was stuffed with wheat, it wasn't. It was only a tiny cut which was easily repaired.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:49 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: teddy bears

Originally Posted by renth
Of course she can. The only proviso is if they are stuffed with anything like beans or wheat, in which case she can't. But the stuffing is usually synthetic.

The quarrantine people cut open my daughter's favourite toy to see if it was stuffed with wheat, it wasn't. It was only a tiny cut which was easily repaired.

thanx we are grateful we can relax now and enjoy the wait of the hand of tra to say yes

jan & saz xx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

It's best to vac pack them too.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:57 am
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by pako
It's best to vac pack them too.

thats a good idea ta
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sone very old bears are stuffed with straw - thats a no-no as well
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:16 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
thanks for that i got one bear thats as old as me i will have to check his stuffing
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:44 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

On no, my fave bear that was my mums that she gave to me as a kid has his head stuffed with straw!

but it must be over 40 years old, surely it doesnt pose any risks?

do they check your suitcases for things like this?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:59 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by bridiej
On no, my fave bear that was my mums that she gave to me as a kid has his head stuffed with straw!

try not to worry surely they dont check everyone
sent k

jan xx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej

Hi

Just declare it at customs. If you don't and they find it they are often very harsh.

If you declare it and it needs some sort of treatment you will just get a bill for this and the bear back.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:54 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear..... I have a collection of TY beanie babies.

Does this mean I have to get rid of them?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Beanie babies are fine - someone on here checked out their stuffing and its a kind of polystyrene or some such.

As for the bear with straw - almost certainly will need treating, which can actually destroy a bear that old. I was told that even fairly sturdy fabric may suffer ill effects from treatment, so think what'll happen to 40 year old fur. You could try not declaring it, but they may find it anyway, I'd say its not worth the risk. They xray your cases and can ask you to open them for inspection.
Do what I did with my old ones and find them new loving homes for their retirement - it hurts to say farewell, but its better than having AQIS destroy them.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:13 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Beanie babies are fine - someone on here checked out their stuffing and its a kind of polystyrene or some such.

As for the bear with straw - almost certainly will need treating, which can actually destroy a bear that old. I was told that even fairly sturdy fabric may suffer ill effects from treatment, so think what'll happen to 40 year old fur. You could try not declaring it, but they may find it anyway, I'd say its not worth the risk. They xray your cases and can ask you to open them for inspection.
Do what I did with my old ones and find them new loving homes for their retirement - it hurts to say farewell, but its better than having AQIS destroy them.
Thank god for that!

My babies are safe