Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

teddies with filled bums!

teddies with filled bums!

Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Default teddies with filled bums!

sounds funny i know but hope someone can help!
i read on here about someone taking a lizard toy filled with seeds or rice or something and had to get it destroyed and cost them a lot of $ to do so.
basically my little girl has a few special teddies from birth and a couple of them have filled bottoms, i dont know what with?
but my question is.... has anyone successfully taken teddies to oz that have filled bums??!
P.S THIS IS NOT A JOKE
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: teddies with filled bums!

I have one of those and they let him in. He's watching cricket on my sofa right now

(sorry not funny, couldnt resist)
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:38 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

can she bring them as hand baggage on the plane? that might be best to avoid the quarantine loonies in containerland.

the bears are very probably filled with plastic beads can you cut one open and find out? Wasnt the dragon thing a sand-toy thats what caused the issue -cant bring soil/sand in from other countries, its full of monsters and mrsa and stuff.

Aus has plenty of 'filled bum bears' - they're called Koala's and once you see one for the first time you'll understand. They just sit up trees eating leaves and pooing at same time - its like perpetual motion machine, eucalyptus leaves in one end and pooh out the other at the same rate
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:41 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
Aus has plenty of 'filled bum bears' - they're called Koala's and once you see one for the first time you'll understand. They just sit up trees eating leaves and pooing at same time - its like perpetual motion machine, eucalyptus leaves in one end and pooh out the other at the same rate
Ah...that rekindles memories of my daughter's babyhood - milk in one end, poo out the other at the same time....
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by island.girl
i read on here about someone taking a lizard toy filled with seeds or rice or something and had to get it destroyed and cost them a lot of $ to do so.
basically my little girl has a few special teddies from birth and a couple of them have filled bottoms, i dont know what with?
but my question is.... has anyone successfully taken teddies to oz that have filled bums??!
P.S THIS IS NOT A JOKE
I am sure you will be fine. My girls have lots of them (beanies mainly) but they are just filled with "man made" bead type stuff. You could snip a couple of stitches, let one or two bits out and sew it up again to check what the filling is.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

LOL, cant wait to see them!!
but yea great idea, will take them on the plane with us not in the container.
cheers!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:45 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

P.S THIS IS NOT A JOKE
Kwym...but I wouldn't worry about it. Our dd has several of these toys - one came on the plane with us and got shown to customs, several went in the freight, having been packed by the shippers, and a couple travelled in our hand luggage and suitcases. I'm almost sure the beads are synthetic but the customs guy certainly didn't seem interested and I'm sure they must get a lot passing through.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, im sure your prob right, them being synthetic. just another of those silly worries that goes through my mind!!
Old Aug 27th 2005, 4:49 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

thanks, im sure your prob right, them being synthetic. just another of those silly worries that goes through my mind!!
It was our daughters' sand filled lizard that was sent to the great incinerator. We still laugh about it, and see them everywhere in the shops!!
We were so panicky about bringing stuff over as we had heard all the horror stories, especially bikes, garage stuff the list goes on. Basically if I had to recommend any tip it would be to be meticulous about cleaning stuff and just bring it over!!! The cost of replacing it is more than what you sell it for!!!
ViVi
Old Aug 27th 2005, 5:25 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

P.S THIS IS NOT A JOKE
Try checking the lable on the toy it might tell you whats inside. Whe we got our stuff the guy at customs made a slit to check what the beans were on the toys that had no lable.