Wikiposts

Tecky help

Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tecky help

Ok this might be a global thing..so i figure it can get a look in this part of the forum...

Having a mare...tried to install wmplayer 10...got knocked back and now cant roll back to 9...

Good lady is getting rather miffed cos i been trying to sort it for a good few hours...

Any ideas ? I wouldnt mind completely wiping out 10 but cant seem to do it.

cheers

C
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:06 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tecky help

Originally Posted by chaval
Ok this might be a global thing..so i figure it can get a look in this part of the forum...

Having a mare...tried to install wmplayer 10...got knocked back and now cant roll back to 9...

Good lady is getting rather miffed cos i been trying to sort it for a good few hours...

cheers

C
what happened to the 10 install? did you get a particular error message?
it may be worth perservering with the install rather than trying to back track.
else try to uninstall all versions and start again.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

cheers

C
First go in to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and remove any installation of it. Reboot and then do a fresh install of Ver 10...

Hope that helps

Gav
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:29 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gavstrad
First go in to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and remove any installation of it. Reboot and then do a fresh install of Ver 10...

Hope that helps

Gav

As above first, but if that fails then use system restore to rollback. Check here: why can't I rollback install?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...vice/0084.mspx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

if you've got a knocked off copy of XP, it might not be letting you install it...but otherwise, as mentioned, uninstall it, restart, and then download and install it...
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Tried all the hints with no joy. I get an error on launch which i can post if it helps.

Cheers
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:17 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Tried all the hints with no joy. I get an error on launch which i can post if it helps.

Cheers
Post it up here, somebody might recognise it
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmoore
Post it up here, somebody might recognise it
ok dokes...this is the error text...

appols
Attached Files
File Type: txt
wmplayer_error.txt (25.3 KB, 151 views)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

ok dokes...this is the error text...

appols
Did you copy and paste that error message? It's just really a list of installed files and their version numbers. Can you remember what the error message said?

I had a problem on Windows 2000 installing Media Player 9 similar to what you've got. Don't want to upset you but it still doesn't work.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yea... if your copy of XP is bent it won't install due to the new 'Genuine Advantage' checking thingy... so you can either circumvent said 'Genuine Advantage' thingy or use iTunes or Winamp...
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers guys. The error report txt was generated on launch
Ive done a screen shot of the errors that come up. No info really. I did uninstall 10, done a clean up of the reg and re-installed, but it dont seem to change anything. I had the download from bills own site which does a check to see if yer got a legit OS.

Anyway looks like i'll have to opt for winamp and real player.

If anyone can figure tis i'll buy em a pint
Attached Files
File Type: doc
error_screenshot.doc (150.0 KB, 106 views)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

Cheers guys. The error report txt was generated on launch
Ive done a screen shot of the errors that come up. No info really. I did uninstall 10, done a clean up of the reg and re-installed, but it dont seem to change anything. I had the download from bills own site which does a check to see if yer got a legit OS.

Anyway looks like i'll have to opt for winamp and real player.

If anyone can figure tis i'll buy em a pint
a) Did you try the system restore that someone else mentioned?

b) What version of DirectX is installed? (Go to Start --> Run and type 'dxdiag' without the quotes and hit run. At the bottom of the first page you will get the version number).
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

Can you find the file C:\Documents and Settings\Mr\Local Settings\Temp\134b_appcompat.txt and post it up here?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

a) Did you try the system restore that someone else mentioned?

b) What version of DirectX is installed? (Go to Start --> Run and type 'dxdiag' without the quotes and hit run. At the bottom of the first page you will get the version number).
hae done a sys restore yet.

i'm entering new ground here !! lol..interesting thou.

v 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)

Think it might have been some codecs i "thought" i needed
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can you find the file C:\Documents and Settings\Mr\Local Settings\Temp\134b_appcompat.txt and post it up here?

I thought i did with the first txt file

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.