Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Technically an illegal immigrant?

Technically an illegal immigrant?

Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:08 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Technically an illegal immigrant?

Tried to get my tax file number on line the other day, said "reapply when you get to Australi" Duh! Phoned tax office, passed over to DIMIA guess what according to them I have not landed, both my daufghter and I are "offshore" Hubby is onshore! Now I have to go and present myself at DIMIA and no doubt show them my sun tan to prove I am "onshore" They were very apologetic! We have been here 7 months !
Makes you wonder though, how many people are here who have also passed through without being "clocked in"
ViVi :scared:
Old Oct 6th 2005, 3:17 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Technically an illegal immigrant?

Originally Posted by vivi
Tried to get my tax file number on line the other day, said "reapply when you get to Australi" Duh! Phoned tax office, passed over to DIMIA guess what according to them I have not landed, both my daufghter and I are "offshore" Hubby is onshore! Now I have to go and present myself at DIMIA and no doubt show them my sun tan to prove I am "onshore" They were very apologetic! We have been here 7 months !
Makes you wonder though, how many people are here who have also passed through without being "clocked in"
Don't forget your clean underwear, jimjams and marmite.

And make sure you curtsy to Ms Vanstone
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:54 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Just worry if they ask you to bring an over night bag

Now remember to tell the husband where you are both going. :scared:

Only kidding.

Hope it goes ok and all ends well in bureaucracy land.
Mark
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Ye GADS! Didn't they stamp your passports or anything? What a bunch of nongs.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:07 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by G'Day
Ye GADS! Didn't they stamp your passports or anything? What a bunch of nongs.
God I had to check, you had me worried, yes it is stamped, but I will take my jim jams and overnight bag just in case!!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

God I had to check, you had me worried, yes it is stamped, but I will take my jim jams and overnight bag just in case!!

Phew! I think you should be ok then. If they stamped it then obviously you did the right thing and their system is up to.....All the best to you. Let us know what happens.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:56 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough

plz update us ...
did they fix this issue?
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Vivi is now in prison.

She is serving time for being an illegal immigrant and entering Aus under dodgy circumstances

Any donations of marmite, bovril, English cheese, M&S knickers......... and jimjams without holes in ....will be gratefully received.

Please send to Vivi at her local HMP.

Thank you
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:20 am
vivi

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Vivi is now in prison.

She is serving time for being an illegal immigrant and entering Aus under dodgy circumstances

Any donations of marmite, bovril, English cheese, M&S knickers......... and jimjams without holes in ....will be gratefully received.

Please send to Vivi at her local HMP.

Thank you
Thank you for all your marmite donations, my lawyer says I may be out in 10 years. However I am a little worried as they have taken my Boogie Board for analysis! Anyway my suite is nice, novelty ensuite, bucket, and newspaper, you get to read as you contemplate life. Loads of company, there are at least 10 of us together. I am picking up learning lots of different languages.!!
Got to go now, my turn to go round the yard!!
ViVi
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:26 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for mine online today, no probs and only landed Friday but my husband who is an Australian Citizen but never lived here or had a TFN was not recognized in the system. Similar to when we tried to register with Medicare today, I had no problems and produced my newly stamped passport for ID but my husbands Oz passport was not enough and we need to go back with proof that he has severed ties with England
Funny that I am having a much easier time of it than the Australian Citizen
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

FREE THE MORAYFIELD ONE!!

Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Thank you for all your marmite donations, my lawyer says I may be out in 10 years. However I am a little worried as they have taken my Boogie Board for analysis! Anyway my suite is nice, novelty ensuite, bucket, and newspaper, you get to read as you contemplate life. Loads of company, there are at least 10 of us together. I am picking up learning lots of different languages.!!
Got to go now, my turn to go round the yard!!
ViVi
PMSL....go round the bend more like
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve G

You wouldn't be after the Marmite by any chance
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:07 am
vivi

Originally Posted by Steve G

Had Speiberg contact my lawyer today, wants all film rights. JK ROWLING wants the book rights. Has suggested "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of the Detention Centre." Celebrated by having six cockroaches in my rice today! Now all I have to do is get someone to send me a Burka to wear everytime I go to the courts!! Can anyone help please!!
ViVi