Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Technical Sales Jobs - chances of sponsorship

Technical Sales Jobs - chances of sponsorship

Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Norfolk Bunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Technical Sales Jobs - chances of sponsorship

My only option to emigrate is via RSMS 457 or 119 visa which means I need to find an employer to sponsor me - ideally around Adelaide

I am an Area Sales Manager for Industrial Electronics (Variable speed drives for motors and servos to be precise) but have experience in most industrial automation.

Looking at some jobs websites I've found there are quite a number of technical sales positions I would be suited to but not sure how much demand there really is and whether sponsorship is possible

Are there any Brits out in Oz working in this type of role, especially sponsored by their employer

I need to find out if sponsorship for this type of job is possible before getting mine and the families hopes up any further

Particularly concerned that SA has just dropped loads of occupations from the Skilled Occupations List including loads of sales roles (including Sales Rep -Industrial) - does this mean there is little demand for these jobs being filled by people from outside Oz

Thanks