Reload this Page >

Teaching in Western Australia

Teaching in Western Australia

Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

wanttoteach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in Western Australia

Hi,

After thinking that it would be impossible to apply for a visa because I didn't have enough points as a primary school teacher I looked on the WA website yesterday and found they want primary teachers to start in 2010.

Have looked at a few threads here and seen they have had interviews in UK recently. Unfortunately I missed them Does that mean I have missed the boat too) ! I was really excited yesterday and then really deflated when I read about the interviews. Really want to move to Oz but keep thinking I'm never going to get there lol!

Anyway, has anyone been sponsored by WA recently? Where do they send you, what are schools and accommodation like? My hubbie is worried he won't be able to find a job in a rural area. We'd really be grateful for any advice people can give.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:46 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in Western Australia

We were in the same boat, desperate to move to Aus quickly but missed the boat for sponsorship. We sent in our CV's to smart teachers (you can do this online) and within a few months they found my husband a job in Geraldton on a 457 sponsored visa and we are leaving in 2 weeks. From looking into applying for sponsorship with WA I don't think you will have missed the 2010 deadline yet but be aware that they can place you anywhere!! Have a look at the www.det.wa.edu.au go to Teaching WA click on overseas teachers visas and sponsorship it gives you lots on information on there. Hope you are successful
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:56 am
Just Joined

wanttoteach is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that will look at smart teachers. You have given me some hope ..really appreciate it. Did you have to have an interview with school or did they just go off your cv?

Hope everything goes well for you in Oz.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 12:41 pm

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

I had 3 interviews over the telephone, one with smart teachers, then with the Headteacher and the last one with the HOD and another senior teacher. The time delay on the telephone was a bit awkward as was trying to get my brain into gear at 6.30 in the morning which were the interview times!!