Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teaching Victoria

Teaching Victoria

Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:25 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Teaching Victoria

Hi all,

Got sponsorship for a permanent Visa to teach in Victoria...applied for the visa etc etc.

I'm a bit unsure on two things -

1)salary - can anyone confirm whether UK experience is usually credited for salary scales. The victoria govenrment website says it can be but is it???!!! Makes a big difference!
2)registration for Victorian Institue of Teaching - they've given me provisional registreation and said i can apply for full reg (which i obviously intend to do) the form looks like one side of A4 to be completed by my current headteacher. Is this all that is required? Do I attach any evidence etc etc

Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Teaching Victoria

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Hi all,

Got sponsorship for a permanent Visa to teach in Victoria...applied for the visa etc etc.

I'm a bit unsure on two things -

1)salary - can anyone confirm whether UK experience is usually credited for salary scales. The victoria govenrment website says it can be but is it???!!! Makes a big difference!
2)registration for Victorian Institue of Teaching - they've given me provisional registreation and said i can apply for full reg (which i obviously intend to do) the form looks like one side of A4 to be completed by my current headteacher. Is this all that is required? Do I attach any evidence etc etc

Thanks for the help!
you might get more replies to this in the teaching section,i've looked in there and there is always a lot of help for queries.Sorry I can't help.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:27 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Re: Teaching Victoria

Thanks!