Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teaching in South Australia

Teaching in South Australia

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Georgenaeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in South Australia

Hi moving to Adelaide in November and wanted to know if there are any primary school teachers out there and how easy they found it to get a job and the kind of salary I could be expecting. Any help would be very useful.

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in South Australia

Not sure if you've found this website here

Good luck!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Georgenaeves
Hi moving to Adelaide in November and wanted to know if there are any primary school teachers out there and how easy they found it to get a job and the kind of salary I could be expecting. Any help would be very useful.

Thanks

Hi..

not out there yet, but am a primary schoo teacher and think ive got a job to go to..

PM me if you like..

good luck

regards

lolly
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:24 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

http://www.teacheremployment.ash.org...cheremployment

they have a page of links to the jobs/education departments of every state and territory in Australia. should have all the vital info there!

(google teacher employment aust if the link doesn't work!)
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Andy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud of

Hi Lolly

Am still fairly new to the site and can't work out how to PM you but would love to know your story! I guess you must already have a visa before you got the job? Please can you let me know (or at least tell me how to PM you - scary to think that i'm meant to teach children how to use ICT - LOL)

Thanks,
Carla

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Hi..

not out there yet, but am a primary schoo teacher and think ive got a job to go to..

PM me if you like..

good luck

regards

lolly
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy & Carla
Hi Lolly

Am still fairly new to the site and can't work out how to PM you but would love to know your story! I guess you must already have a visa before you got the job? Please can you let me know (or at least tell me how to PM you - scary to think that i'm meant to teach children how to use ICT - LOL)

Thanks,
Carla

i can answer questions on here... but if youd rather i dont then to pm me just click on my user name..lollyno1 and it will give you a bit of info about me..and give you a area where you can pm me..

hope this helps.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Hi..

PM me if you like..

good luck

regards

lolly
hi Thanks for your reply. How did you manage to get a job already? I was told I have to be registered and can't register until I am in the country!! How did you go about looking for a job, I may start looking now!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi Thanks for your reply. How did you manage to get a job already? I was told I have to be registered and can't register until I am in the country!! How did you go about looking for a job, I may start looking now!!!!

I applied for registration from the UK no problem, that was for teaching in SA, may be different in other states though. I do need to get a mandortary notice to teach which involves me taking two courses, one in child protection, the other in first aid, I think they are both day long courses and can only be completed in SA.

Ive been applying since early in the year. Looking on teachers on the net and seek.com (sorry not sure of addys right at this moment but can get them for you if you would like.) However the jobs that are advertised on teachers on the net tend to be for church schools, ie Lutheran, Christian, Catholic. The ones I looked at tended to ask for some sort of Christain background, ie your involvement in your church, or the name of your preist, clerygman etc.

I also looked on SA education web site and just by chance one day they were advertising lots and lots and lots, (over !22 pages of jobs) in all areas of SA. There were only a certain number I could apply for, ie open to all, but did the dirty deed and just sent of the application form. Got lots of acknowledgements back and a few,about 5, took up my references.

And low and behold one of them offered my the position, ( i dont think anyone else applied as its isolated and advertised as 0.6)

However i have just had an email from the principal and he said its full time so goiing to keep that as evidence for my visa requirements.lol

sorry this is sooooooooooooooo long,,pm me if you have any other questions.

regards

lolly

Last edited by lollyno1; Sep 25th 2006 at 4:33 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:36 am
Just Joined

I applied for registration from the UK no problem, that was for teaching in SA, may be different in other states though. I do need to get a mandortary notice to teach which involves me taking two courses, one in child protection, the other in first aid, I think they are both day long courses and can only be completed in SA.

Ive been applying since early in the year. Looking on teachers on the net and seek.com (sorry not sure of addys right at this moment but can get them for you if you would like.) However the jobs that are advertised on teachers on the net tend to be for church schools, ie Lutheran, Christian, Catholic. The ones I looked at tended to ask for some sort of Christain background, ie your involvement in your church, or the name of your preist, clerygman etc.

I also looked on SA education web site and just by chance one day they were advertising lots and lots and lots, (over !22 pages of jobs) in all areas of SA. There were only a certain number I could apply for, ie open to all, but did the dirty deed and just sent of the application form. Got lots of acknowledgements back and a few,about 5, took up my references.

And low and behold one of them offered my the position, ( i dont think anyone else applied as its isolated and advertised as 0.6)

However i have just had an email from the principal and he said its full time so goiing to keep that as evidence for my visa requirements.lol

sorry this is sooooooooooooooo long,,pm me if you have any other questions.

regards

lolly
Thanks for your advice, wish I knew before that I could have applied from over here!! I was told I couldn't so didn't look into it any further. Oh well. I will be hoping to see some schools when I get out there at the end of November, even if I dont' get a job sorted straight away, my visa will allow me a little time away from teaching. So whereabouts are you moving? We are looking to move to the Seaford area, but that might all change once we get there!!!
Be good to keep in touch to see how things go

Georgena
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your advice, wish I knew before that I could have applied from over here!! I was told I couldn't so didn't look into it any further. Oh well. I will be hoping to see some schools when I get out there at the end of November, even if I dont' get a job sorted straight away, my visa will allow me a little time away from teaching. So whereabouts are you moving? We are looking to move to the Seaford area, but that might all change once we get there!!!
Be good to keep in touch to see how things go

Georgena

Im moving to Yunta! miles from anywhere, but im really excited about it now.

if they have internet access I'm 100% certain my post count will treble very very quickly...
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

if they have internet access
You will be lucky if they have phones

G
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grayling
You will be lucky if they have phones

G

hey...thats a bit cheeky..bet your bossess havent given you a free phone! it was delivered first class as well, by carrier pigeon Now how do i connect the string to the tin!

Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:22 pm
Melbourne

deputy dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I believe that you will have no problems in getting a teaching job as they seem to be be in demand at the moment. I'm currently living in Melbourne and work in a secondary school. The job was kept open for me for almost 2 years whilst i was getting my visa sorted out (principal is a top fella). I sorted out my teaching registration before i left the UK and had to send certified copies of all my quals etc to the Victorian Institute of Teaching, once they checked them i was given full teaching status (quite an easy process). Drop me an email if i can be of assistance and I hope everything goes well for you.
Regards
Gary
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Im moving to Yunta! miles from anywhere, but im really excited about it now.

if they have internet access I'm 100% certain my post count will treble very very quickly...

You can get it by a satellite connection (I think)