Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

teachers,bricklayers,etc...?,

teachers,bricklayers,etc...?,

Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:02 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default teachers,bricklayers,etc...?,

i was driving to work today and a teacher was on the radio commenting on the apparent shortage of teachers,she said she had 30 years experience and could not find a job..

its the same with bricklayers ,they keep banging on there is a shortage but there isnt...

is it a big ploy to get people over here,to fill other positions rather than the ones people expect to do over here..?

ast
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:15 am
General Dogs Body

GrayRabbit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: teachers,bricklayers,etc...?,

Hey man, I know exactly what you mean. I came over here in April as a fully qualified commercial mechanic and now I working at a hotel. Funny thing is though I never missed it. The pay sucks and the hours are crap and if I knew someone with a garage I probably help out for a bit of extra ca$h. But unfortunately I live on the Gold Coast.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:18 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrayRabbit
Hey man, I know exactly what you mean. I came over here in April as a fully qualified commercial mechanic and now I working at a hotel. Funny thing is though I never missed it. The pay sucks and the hours are crap and if I knew someone with a garage I probably help out for a bit of extra ca$h. But unfortunately I live on the Gold Coast.
good on you,,money aint everything,glad your enjoying it..

ast
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:25 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i was driving to work today and a teacher was on the radio commenting on the apparent shortage of teachers,she said she had 30 years experience and could not find a job..

its the same with bricklayers ,they keep banging on there is a shortage but there isnt...

is it a big ploy to get people over here,to fill other positions rather than the ones people expect to do over here..?

ast
I reckon Chefs are the most in demand, never seen so many jobs advertised for them before we moved here!!! C x
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shiels
I reckon Chefs are the most in demand, never seen so many jobs advertised for them before we moved here!!! C x

Well you just made my day My OH is a chef and we hope to move to the Gold Coast some time this year (when our visa comes thru and out house sells )

Thanks for that!!!!!

Lynn xx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:54 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Well you just made my day My OH is a chef and we hope to move to the Gold Coast some time this year (when our visa comes thru and out house sells )

Thanks for that!!!!!

Lynn xx
Good Luck. Where on the GC you heading to? C x
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shiels
Good Luck. Where on the GC you heading to? C x
Looking around Robina or Pacific Pines area but really I suppose we need to find decent schools once we get there. It just seems like the whole process it taling forever........................................... ............. I want to go NOW

Lynn xx