Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teacher's Aide anyone?

Teacher's Aide anyone?

Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:12 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Question Teacher's Aide anyone?

Hi guys,

Can anyone clarify this for me. I'm looking to become a Teacher's Aide and after some searching on here and online I'm a bit confused Do I need a certificate 3 in childcare services or do I need to do the diploma of education support? The cert 3 doesn't specify that it will do for teacher's aide hench why I think I might need to do the diploma, yet when I've searched on here I get back that cert 3 is all that's needed. Anyone working as a teacher's aide who did either of these courses?

I'm on the gold coast and the cert 3 courses seem to be common enough and readily available but the diploma not so much, where I am anyway, that was looking at the qld tafe site.

Any info anyone?

ob
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Teacher's Aide anyone?

Originally Posted by oz bound
Hi guys,

Can anyone clarify this for me. I'm looking to become a Teacher's Aide and after some searching on here and online I'm a bit confused Do I need a certificate 3 in childcare services or do I need to do the diploma of education support? The cert 3 doesn't specify that it will do for teacher's aide hench why I think I might need to do the diploma, yet when I've searched on here I get back that cert 3 is all that's needed. Anyone working as a teacher's aide who did either of these courses?

I'm on the gold coast and the cert 3 courses seem to be common enough and readily available but the diploma not so much, where I am anyway, that was looking at the qld tafe site.

Any info anyone?

ob
Hi Ob

You don't actually need any qualifications to be a Teachers Aide but the job is very sort after so it increases your chances of getting work. I'm doing the Cert III in Education Support but I know people who are working as a teachers aide who have the childcare services qualification and some who don't have anything!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup just a clean police check is all that is needed. However you have to get your foot in the door and maybe get known by a few schools with volunteer work. It wouldnt hurt to get a cert iii or iv in education support but not necessary really.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Most applicants have the Cert III. Your very unlikely to get a job without it, as most if not all the Aussie teaching aids have it.

Hubby is a primary teacher and they have several teachers aides and all have Cert III. But you can do it online and it doesnt take long.

Gems