Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teacher wanting 2 apply 2 oz

Teacher wanting 2 apply 2 oz

Old Jan 12th 2002, 3:26 pm
Posts: n/a

I complete my firt year as a secondary school english teacher in Sep and then wish 2 apply to oz uner the skilled cat. Do i need more than 1 years exp? thanks 4 help
Old Jan 12th 2002, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 38
tasmanet is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have no chance with the skills you have
tasmanet is offline  
Old Jan 12th 2002, 5:10 pm
Posts: n/a

I believe you will need at least 3 years work experience as a teacher. Why don't you download the forms from the Australian immigration website:

Old Jan 12th 2002, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 59
almey is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not listen to tasmanet Aus and NZ are desperate for teachers, I have several friends who are teachers who have gone to Aus, you may need more experience though but ignore people like tasmanet and go for it.
almey is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2002, 12:15 am
Posts: n/a

sarah <[email protected]>

if u dont learn 2 spel u wont have a chance

My God, how can you ever hope to be an *English* teacher when you can't even spell
correctly? It is not *kewl* to post messages like that, and no-one will take you
seriously if you do. It makes you look like a 13-year-old who has just discovered

Anyway, you need a few years of experience before you can apply for a visa.
Old Jan 14th 2002, 6:57 am
Just Joined
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 11
Bahadur Basanti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah
If you have worked in any skilled occupation for periods totalling at least 12 months in the period of 18 months immediately before lodging your application you are eligible to apply.
The requirements of assessing authority is that you should have qualification comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree plus or including at least one year of professional teaching studies in education related to the nominated occupation and at least six weeks of supervised teaching practice.
I hope this will help you in making your decision.
Bahadur Singh Basanti
Bahadur Basanti is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.