Teacher lied.

Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:04 pm
  #16  
BE Forum Addict
 
Tableland's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,999
Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
Hi,sorry to but in but something the same happened to my son..I was late getting to his class(y1) as my daughter was late coming out of hers(rec)..in there then school,Harry was sat on the floor with his Tupperware cup and when he saw me he stood up and spilt it..The teacher had not seen me,how she missed as i was 8 months pregnant i don't know...she shouted at him grabbed him with two hands to his back and pulled him across the class room knocking over two chairs with his body as she did so,i stood there it was only a couple of seconds but i was shaking and could not speak..she then made him pick up papertowells and go back to the spilt water.....which is when i managed to shout his name...he then started crying my 4 yr old next to me was crying..i didn't even acknowledge the teacher i went straight home called my husband explained what happened and he called the school for us to go in...
When we went in the head kept trying to say how good a teacher the yr1 teacher was..i said we are not here to say what her teaching is like we are here to tell you what had happened the day before and what they were going to do about it.. they tried to make out it was not as bad as it seemed etc etc..then that is when Steve stepped in and said we really didn't want to take it further but would if we felt we were not being believed etc etc.
the teacher retired shortly after..."but i am sure if i had not seen it myself and could back my son up they would never have believed him"...Jackie
I'm dreading being a parent because honestly, if I saw someone abusing my child or pulling them round I know I will smack them first and consult lawyers second.
Tableland is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:17 pm
  #17  
Fighting my corner
 
Vash the Stampede's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 11,948
Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Teacher lied.

Originally Posted by madsad
My daughter came home from school on Monday quite upset & explained to us at lunchtime she went to put her sandwich crusts in the bin & a supervising teacher grabbed her wrist & pulled her back from the bin & asked her what she was doing putting her sandwich in the bin? Dani explained it was only her crusts but the teacher was adamant that it was the whole sandwich.since as long as i can remember Dani has never eaten crusts,i cut her sandwich into 2 triangles & she takes 2/3 bites & then pops the crusts in the bin.
Anyway the teacher took Dani's details & said she was reporting her to her own teacher, the head teacher & she would be going to the 'reflection room'.

Dani's quite a sensitive wee soul,shes only 7 & this had her in a bit of a state for the rest of the day,hubby phoned the school immediately after Dani telling us,no answer so left a message on the answer machine for the school to phone asap,next morning still no reply from the school so hubby phoned again,asked to speak to the head teacher & explained what had happened,H-teacher said it was their policy never to lay a finger on a child unless the child was in danger & she would investigate.
Later that day the H-teacher phoned us again & said the supervising teacher said she never physically touched Dani at all so the H-teacher was going to speak to Dani & ask her her side of the story,she was to act out what had happened,show the H-teacher how the other teacher had grabbed her from the bin.
Then the supervising teacher was questioned again & she actually admitted grabbing Dani back from the bin
The head teacher phoned us back & told us the supervising teacher had lied,seemingly she has been given a warning & we had the choice of whether to take the matter further,but we're not going too.
I never thought for one minute that Dani could have been telling porkies,its just not her, I'm really disappointed by the teacher telling lies,what kind of example does that show the kids?

Just thought i would share this with other parents,i could of been blaming my child for telling tales if the teacher decided to stick with her lie

P's..The school is North Lakes State College.

Donna.
Outrageous!

But respect to the head teacher for putting the old girl on the rack until she squealed!
Vash the Stampede is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:59 pm
  #18  
Master of verbal pish©
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 22,194
soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher lied.

changed days eh, i used to get my heed kicked in from a teacher for that sorta thing lol
well done donna for getting to the bottom of it.
this nutter should never be allowed in the playground again
soapy© is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:59 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
cov kids's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Coventry, heading for Perth
Posts: 65
cov kids will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Hi sorry to hear your daughter was so upset. I was a dinner lady in a primary school and now a Teaching assistant in a secondary school. I don't think she should have grabbed her wrist at all, unless she was about to fall over which is understandable. And what has happened to a bit of respect for the kids. I would never have argued the toss about crusts when I was a dinner lady. Or even if it was a whole sandwich, all you have to do is explain how important it is to eat their lunch. My son does not like the crusts of the bread either and sometimes does not eat all his sandwiches in the summer, I just make sure he gets enough fluid inside him. God it is so annoying and makes the rest of us look bad. And lets face it she is only a little one after all. They do my head in.
cov kids is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:59 pm
  #20  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 191
bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Cannot understand this at all....what,s up with the CRUST!!!!

Get it down the kids necks..it makes them clever AND makes their hair grow!!!

YUM YUM....
bradfordlad is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:11 pm
  #21  
BE Forum Addict
 
glittababe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Noosa Heads
Posts: 3,507
glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Originally Posted by madsad
My daughter came home from school on Monday quite upset & explained to us at lunchtime she went to put her sandwich crusts in the bin & a supervising teacher grabbed her wrist & pulled her back from the bin & asked her what she was doing putting her sandwich in the bin? Dani explained it was only her crusts but the teacher was adamant that it was the whole sandwich.since as long as i can remember Dani has never eaten crusts,i cut her sandwich into 2 triangles & she takes 2/3 bites & then pops the crusts in the bin.
Anyway the teacher took Dani's details & said she was reporting her to her own teacher, the head teacher & she would be going to the 'reflection room'.

Dani's quite a sensitive wee soul,shes only 7 & this had her in a bit of a state for the rest of the day,hubby phoned the school immediately after Dani telling us,no answer so left a message on the answer machine for the school to phone asap,next morning still no reply from the school so hubby phoned again,asked to speak to the head teacher & explained what had happened,H-teacher said it was their policy never to lay a finger on a child unless the child was in danger & she would investigate.
Later that day the H-teacher phoned us again & said the supervising teacher said she never physically touched Dani at all so the H-teacher was going to speak to Dani & ask her her side of the story,she was to act out what had happened,show the H-teacher how the other teacher had grabbed her from the bin.
Then the supervising teacher was questioned again & she actually admitted grabbing Dani back from the bin
The head teacher phoned us back & told us the supervising teacher had lied,seemingly she has been given a warning & we had the choice of whether to take the matter further,but we're not going too.
I never thought for one minute that Dani could have been telling porkies,its just not her, I'm really disappointed by the teacher telling lies,what kind of example does that show the kids?

Just thought i would share this with other parents,i could of been blaming my child for telling tales if the teacher decided to stick with her lie

P's..The school is North Lakes State College.

Donna.
Our eldest Cameron is really sensitive like Dani, he would have been totally wrecked by an experience like that! Not exceptable at all, you need to take it further. Its not up to the school, its up to the parents! How do teachers expect respect when they do stuff like that to wee kiddies? A lot of my friends are teachers here in the UK, they'd never dream of doing anything like that! Take it further Donna, is Dani back at school?
glittababe is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:31 pm
  #22  
BE Enthusiast
 
Keith&Lol's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Morphett Vale...for now
Posts: 491
Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Originally Posted by glittababe
Our eldest Cameron is really sensitive like Dani, he would have been totally wrecked by an experience like that! Not exceptable at all, you need to take it further. Its not up to the school, its up to the parents! How do teachers expect respect when they do stuff like that to wee kiddies? A lot of my friends are teachers here in the UK, they'd never dream of doing anything like that! Take it further Donna, is Dani back at school?
My daughter, who was also 7 at the time was made to eat her dinner very quickly so the dinnerladies could clear the tables away. She bolted her food down so fast she complained of being unwell, was told not to be silly and go and play.
Needless to say I got a phone call from the head teacher to come and pick her up as she had been sick in the playground.
When I got there (after trying to get out of work) I was informed she should not have been brought to school if she was unwell, and I should keep her off school the following day.
When I got home and my daughter told me what happened I rang the school straight away, it was all sorted in about 10 mins, and as a result of this the children are now made to wait 5 mins before going into the playground...common sense really
Keith&Lol is offline  
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:13 pm
  #23  
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 121
joeboy_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Originally Posted by madsad
My daughter came home from school on Monday quite upset & explained to us at lunchtime she went to put her sandwich crusts in the bin & a supervising teacher grabbed her wrist & pulled her back from the bin & asked her what she was doing putting her sandwich in the bin? Dani explained it was only her crusts but the teacher was adamant that it was the whole sandwich.since as long as i can remember Dani has never eaten crusts,i cut her sandwich into 2 triangles & she takes 2/3 bites & then pops the crusts in the bin.
Anyway the teacher took Dani's details & said she was reporting her to her own teacher, the head teacher & she would be going to the 'reflection room'.

Dani's quite a sensitive wee soul,shes only 7 & this had her in a bit of a state for the rest of the day,hubby phoned the school immediately after Dani telling us,no answer so left a message on the answer machine for the school to phone asap,next morning still no reply from the school so hubby phoned again,asked to speak to the head teacher & explained what had happened,H-teacher said it was their policy never to lay a finger on a child unless the child was in danger & she would investigate.
Later that day the H-teacher phoned us again & said the supervising teacher said she never physically touched Dani at all so the H-teacher was going to speak to Dani & ask her her side of the story,she was to act out what had happened,show the H-teacher how the other teacher had grabbed her from the bin.
Then the supervising teacher was questioned again & she actually admitted grabbing Dani back from the bin
The head teacher phoned us back & told us the supervising teacher had lied,seemingly she has been given a warning & we had the choice of whether to take the matter further,but we're not going too.
I never thought for one minute that Dani could have been telling porkies,its just not her, I'm really disappointed by the teacher telling lies,what kind of example does that show the kids?

Just thought i would share this with other parents,i could of been blaming my child for telling tales if the teacher decided to stick with her lie

P's..The school is North Lakes State College.

Donna.
Next time, tell her to do what i used to do when i was a kid. When the canteen staff would tell me to eat my crusts i'd drop them on the floor and say "You still want me to eat them?" Ha ha, worked every time.
joeboy_UK is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:10 am
  #24  
BE Enthusiast
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 805
Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Teacher lied.

My daughter never ate her crusts either, but she used to leave alot of the sandwich still attached to the crusts.

So I decided to cut the crusts off, leaving alot more sandwich for her to eat than she would if I'd left the crusts on.

I'm sorry to hear about your Daughter Donna. Hope she's recovered from the ordeal.

Regards
Jaykay is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:35 am
  #25  
Master of verbal pish©
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 22,194
soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher lied.

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Cannot understand this at all....what,s up with the CRUST!!!!

Get it down the kids necks..it makes them clever AND makes their hair grow!!!

YUM YUM....
i ate my crusts. that blows your theory right oot the water
soapy© is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.