British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Teacher lied. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/teacher-lied-336567/)

madsad Nov 9th 2005 11:31 pm

Teacher lied.

My daughter came home from school on Monday quite upset & explained to us at lunchtime she went to put her sandwich crusts in the bin & a supervising teacher grabbed her wrist & pulled her back from the bin & asked her what she was doing putting her sandwich in the bin? Dani explained it was only her crusts but the teacher was adamant that it was the whole sandwich.since as long as i can remember Dani has never eaten crusts,i cut her sandwich into 2 triangles & she takes 2/3 bites & then pops the crusts in the bin.
Anyway the teacher took Dani's details & said she was reporting her to her own teacher, the head teacher & she would be going to the 'reflection room'.

Dani's quite a sensitive wee soul,shes only 7 & this had her in a bit of a state for the rest of the day,hubby phoned the school immediately after Dani telling us,no answer so left a message on the answer machine for the school to phone asap,next morning still no reply from the school so hubby phoned again,asked to speak to the head teacher & explained what had happened,H-teacher said it was their policy never to lay a finger on a child unless the child was in danger & she would investigate.
Later that day the H-teacher phoned us again & said the supervising teacher said she never physically touched Dani at all :confused: so the H-teacher was going to speak to Dani & ask her her side of the story,she was to act out what had happened,show the H-teacher how the other teacher had grabbed her from the bin.
Then the supervising teacher was questioned again & she actually admitted grabbing Dani back from the bin :mad:
The head teacher phoned us back & told us the supervising teacher had lied,seemingly she has been given a warning & we had the choice of whether to take the matter further,but we're not going too.
I never thought for one minute that Dani could have been telling porkies,its just not her, I'm really disappointed by the teacher telling lies,what kind of example does that show the kids?

Just thought i would share this with other parents,i could of been blaming my child for telling tales if the teacher decided to stick with her lie :(

P's..The school is North Lakes State College.

Donna.

diddy Nov 9th 2005 11:39 pm

Re: Teacher lied.

What a tw*t that teacher is.

What an anal idiot he/she is. Get over it, who cares what your daughter did with the sandwich. Give some people a bit of power ect….. Some people really shouldn’t be teachers.

Fiona&malc Nov 9th 2005 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by madsad
My daughter came home from school on Monday quite upset & explained to us at lunchtime she went to put her sandwich crusts in the bin & a supervising teacher grabbed her wrist & pulled her back from the bin & asked her what she was doing putting her sandwich in the bin? Dani explained it was only her crusts but the teacher was adamant that it was the whole sandwich.since as long as i can remember Dani has never eaten crusts,i cut her sandwich into 2 triangles & she takes 2/3 bites & then pops the crusts in the bin.
Anyway the teacher took Dani's details & said she was reporting her to her own teacher, the head teacher & she would be going to the 'reflection room'.

Dani's quite a sensitive wee soul,shes only 7 & this had her in a bit of a state for the rest of the day,hubby phoned the school immediately after Dani telling us,no answer so left a message on the answer machine for the school to phone asap,next morning still no reply from the school so hubby phoned again,asked to speak to the head teacher & explained what had happened,H-teacher said it was their policy never to lay a finger on a child unless the child was in danger & she would investigate.
Later that day the H-teacher phoned us again & said the supervising teacher said she never physically touched Dani at all :confused: so the H-teacher was going to speak to Dani & ask her her side of the story,she was to act out what had happened,show the H-teacher how the other teacher had grabbed her from the bin.
Then the supervising teacher was questioned again & she actually admitted grabbing Dani back from the bin :mad:
The head teacher phoned us back & told us the supervising teacher had lied,seemingly she has been given a warning & we had the choice of whether to take the matter further,but we're not going too.
I never thought for one minute that Dani could have been telling porkies,its just not her, I'm really disappointed by the teacher telling lies,what kind of example does that show the kids?

Just thought i would share this with other parents,i could of been blaming my child for telling tales if the teacher decided to stick with her lie :(

Donna.

Thats awful Donna !!!! Personally i probably would have taken it further, there is no way a teacher should grab a child like that becasue of a sandwich !!!!! Poor Dani, i bet she got a fright, i would make sure that the teacher concerned makes a personal apology to DAni for frightening her like that, and making her out to be a liar !!!!

madsad Nov 9th 2005 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by diddy
What a tw*t that teacher is.

What an anal idiot he/she is. Get over it, who cares what your daughter did with the sandwich. Give some people a bit of power ect….. Some people really shouldn’t be teachers.

Yes,she has abused her position :mad: ,thing is if it was my 13yr old son that came in & complained i probably wouldnt of done anything :o as he is more inclined to telling porkies :p in a way its taught me to be more wary about these situations.

Donna.

madsad Nov 10th 2005 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Thats awful Donna !!!! Personally i probably would have taken it further, there is no way a teacher should grab a child like that becasue of a sandwich !!!!! Poor Dani, i bet she got a fright, i would make sure that the teacher concerned makes a personal apology to DAni for frightening her like that, and making her out to be a liar !!!!

Thanks,yes the teacher has explained & appoligised to Dani.

Im just wondering on how many occasions this sort of incident has happened in the school (un noticed)either by her or other teachers :(

Donna.

arkon Nov 10th 2005 12:57 am

Donna.

Is it me being dim? Whats wrong with putting your sandwiches in the bin anyway? What reason did the old bag give for not letting them throw them away?

Luke I Amyofath Nov 10th 2005 1:11 am

Originally Posted by arkon
Is it me being dim? Whats wrong with putting your sandwiches in the bin anyway? What reason did the old bag give for not letting them throw them away?

many teachers would rather the kid take home whats left of their lunch so the parent can seee whats eaten. Not so much here but more in uk daycare centres.
I suppose

NickyC Nov 10th 2005 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
many teachers would rather the kid take home whats left of their lunch so the parent can seee whats eaten. Not so much here but more in uk daycare centres.
I suppose

That's exactly the reason. At my kids school nothing was allowed to be thrown in the bin - it all supposedly had to go back in the lunch box. Didn't stop them disposing of it via other means though! I remember some kid got into strife for chucking his unwanted vegemite sandwich into the infants toilets.

Teachers also 'encouraged' the kids to eat their sandwiches first before letting them eat the more interesting (ie sweet) stuff that they might have.

madsad Nov 10th 2005 1:24 am

Originally Posted by arkon

She was basing her argument on the nutritional values of a packed lunch,healthy food being thrown in the bin!(a sandwich on choccy spread lol!!) The teacher had blamed Dani for throwing her whole sandwich in the bin when in fact it was the crusts,Dani even showed her the crust!

If the teacher had bothered to look at the other contents of Dani's packed lunch she would have seen that what she had left was probably more nutritionally balanced than eating her crusts!

Donna.

jad n rich Nov 10th 2005 1:29 am

At least you finally got the head teacher to admit the woman was wrong, we had a incident over a tuck shop order :rolleyes: that got completely out of hand. Lawson put it in the box as usual but it was a pizza special day so there must have been several hundred orders. Anyway he got no lunch. So he goes up to the tuckshop and the woman calls him a LIAR and says he didnt put one in.

He went straight up to the office and basically not one person even gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had put the money in, that is till after lunch when he told his teacher who had known him most of the year who stuck up for him, sends him back to the tuckshop for his lunch and the old cow gave him a slice of pizza that looked like it was bitten into :eek: told him all the drinks had gone and tells him hed better send his mother up with $5 the next day.

Needless to say I did go up objecting to the schools error turning into my son being called a Liar, the school banded together and no one would admit the woman was in the wrong, so I demanded an apology from the school to my son :D in writing please! and them to state they could indeed understand they may have lost one of 700 odd pizza orders.

Not my kid but theres some stuff going on now where one lot of parents are objecting to their kids being called a word beginning with C that the teacher claims was Runt which apparently is OK :rolleyes: and I went up last week at morning tea with maths book that the kids forgot, went up the back of the playground exit and 3 teachers were standing under a tree having a ciggie break with all the kids a few metres away :eek:

madsad Nov 10th 2005 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I suppose

Yes,that does happen in Kindy centres here but then everything is kept in a fridge till home time,but at the school,school bags & lunches are kept on benches outside the kids classrooms,the flies would have a field day if leftovers were left to fester in this heat :eek:

Dont think i fancy cleaning lunchbags of sour yoghurt pots/germ ridden crusts & crumbs :(

Donna.

chatty34 Nov 10th 2005 1:37 am

Donna
I dont blame you being mad, I would have been bloody furious!
Dont you just hate it when they come home and tell you something like that, you like to think of them being happy and looked after at school.
Dont want to offend any lunch time supervisors but had a good mate in England who worked in the school kitchen for 5 years she was so horrified by the way a couple of them treated the children that she made a couple of complaints and had to leave her job. There was no physical contact but she couldn't believe the way a couple of them would speak to children especially the little tots that were only just starting. I cannot understand anyone doing the job unless they love children, if you dont then go and get another part-time job.
I hope Dani is not to upset by what happened bless her, only 7 too, I bet you wanted to go and grab that woman's wrist as hard as you could. Glad you followed it through though and her card is marked now. would be surprised if she did anything like that again to your child or anyone Else's child.
Just re-read your post, it was a bloody teacher. Even worse!!!!!!!!

Donna.

Bordy Nov 10th 2005 2:42 am

Maybe the teacher was hungry, maybe she wanted that sandwich really bad.

madsad Nov 10th 2005 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
Maybe the teacher was hungry, maybe she wanted that sandwich really bad.

:D :D Never thought of that!!

Donna.

jackie/steve Nov 10th 2005 10:56 am

Donna.

Hi,sorry to but in but something the same happened to my son..I was late getting to his class(y1) as my daughter was late coming out of hers(rec)..in there then school,Harry was sat on the floor with his Tupperware cup and when he saw me he stood up and spilt it..The teacher had not seen me,how she missed as i was 8 months pregnant i don't know...she shouted at him grabbed him with two hands to his back and pulled him across the class room knocking over two chairs with his body as she did so,i stood there it was only a couple of seconds but i was shaking and could not speak..she then made him pick up papertowells and go back to the spilt water.....which is when i managed to shout his name...he then started crying my 4 yr old next to me was crying..i didn't even acknowledge the teacher i went straight home called my husband explained what happened and he called the school for us to go in...
When we went in the head kept trying to say how good a teacher the yr1 teacher was..i said we are not here to say what her teaching is like we are here to tell you what had happened the day before and what they were going to do about it.. they tried to make out it was not as bad as it seemed etc etc..then that is when Steve stepped in and said we really didn't want to take it further but would if we felt we were not being believed etc etc.
the teacher retired shortly after..."but i am sure if i had not seen it myself and could back my son up they would never have believed him"...Jackie