Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taxi Costs from Perth to Yanchep

Taxi Costs from Perth to Yanchep

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about
Default Taxi Costs from Perth to Yanchep

Hello all, please can you assist?

Our departure date is booked for 1st March (Yeeha!) and looking at our migrants baggage allowance, I wonder if we will get our 4 huge bags, plus hand luggage, plus 2 adults and 2 kids in car seats, all into a normal sized rental saloon?

Probably not, so.............we are contemplating getting a taxi to take our cases whilst we drive the kids to Yanchep.

So....has anyone taken an airport taxi to Yanchep? Any ideas how much one might cost.

Thanks in advance.

The HugoB's
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taxi Costs from Perth to Yanchep

not gone that far in a taxi, but would expect $100+

Lots of the airport taxis are large stn wagons
Have managed 4 of us and 4 cases in one before
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Quokka
not gone that far in a taxi, but would expect $100+

Lots of the airport taxis are large stn wagons
Have managed 4 of us and 4 cases in one before
Thanks Quokka, appreciate the info. We need a rental car immediatly so it will just be the bags in the taxi.

regards
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:01 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HugoB

Our departure date is booked for 1st March (Yeeha!) and looking at our migrants baggage allowance, I wonder if we will get our 4 huge bags, plus hand luggage, plus 2 adults and 2 kids in car seats, all into a normal sized rental saloon?

Probably not, so.............we are contemplating getting a taxi to take our cases whilst we drive the kids to Yanchep.

So....has anyone taken an airport taxi to Yanchep? Any ideas how much one might cost.

Thanks in advance.

The HugoB's
A normal size saloon and you will struggle.

You may want to phone or e-mail a few companies to arrange meeting you at the airport with a big enough vehicle for piece of mind. May give you the opportunity to shop around for the best deal as well - Yanchep is a bit of a drive - probably an hour or more from the airport.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:54 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Thanks in advance.

The HugoB's
I've just phoned Swan Taxis for you and they have quoted me $105 from Perth International Airport to Yanchep.

Hope this helps,

Steve.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:45 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
I've just phoned Swan Taxis for you and they have quoted me $105 from Perth International Airport to Yanchep.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Yup thats what I would have guessed and I reckon you stick the 2 kids in the taxi and you take the bags, gonna make for a quieter trip.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SteveBannister

Hope this helps,

Steve.
Thanks a million, thats really good of you, very helpful. Better make sure we've got some local currency then I guess!
Cheers, HB x
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:18 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a million, thats really good of you, very helpful. Better make sure we've got some local currency then I guess!
Cheers, HB x
Theres usually a "Maxi" taxi or two on the rank for international flight arrivals. They are minibusses and will fit you your kids and all your bags.