Reload this Page >

taxi and car seats

taxi and car seats

Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

rickyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question taxi and car seats

Hi
Just a quick one does anyone know if taxi's at Sydney Airport could provide a child car seat to get to our accomodation, Just till we get chance to get one.
I'm gutted as we had not had ours long in the UK.

Thanks everyone
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:17 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi and car seats

Originally Posted by rickyl
Hi
Just a quick one does anyone know if taxi's at Sydney Airport could provide a child car seat to get to our accomodation, Just till we get chance to get one.
I'm gutted as we had not had ours long in the UK.

Thanks everyone
Funny you should ask this question because we had this exact problem at Sydney airport last November. There are taxis with car-seats but they do seem few and far between.

We had to wait for about 20 minutes for a taxi with a car seat to come along. I guess it's really pot-luck but I think that taxis do carry them.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:20 am

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well of course there are going to be less as there is wayyyy less people going to be wanting one probably and then they are just a nuisence for the people not needing them... but yeah there are a few just ask the controlling the line of people to get you one with car seat
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:55 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hiya you don't say how old your little one is we bought our booster seat out from the uk as our son is 2 years old and just uses a normal booster seat with a back. Initially when i was looking i did look into hiring a car seat and the company i looked into would arrange to have it at the airport for you can't remeber the name of them now but i found them on the Bubhub web site this is a really great site for all your baby requirements.
Hope this helps

Poshrice
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:57 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya you don't say how old your little one is we bought our booster seat out from the uk as our son is 2 years old and just uses a normal booster seat with a back. Initially when i was looking i did look into hiring a car seat and the company i looked into would arrange to have it at the airport for you can't remeber the name of them now but i found them on the Bubhub web site this is a really great site for all your baby requirements.
Hope this helps

Poshrice
yeah we have seen the bubhub website before it does look ok
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:04 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
yeah we have seen the bubhub website before it does look ok
http://www.bubhub.com.au/infocarseats.shtml
found this but no contacts for cab companies maybe you can search for one on the whitepages and book a cab to meet you at airport
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

rickyl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
http://www.bubhub.com.au/infocarseats.shtml
found this but no contacts for cab companies maybe you can search for one on the whitepages and book a cab to meet you at airport
Thanks for all the info, I'm going to try to get in touch with the airport and get a number of any cab firms they use.